Entry & Lateral Police Officers
Rockville City Police Department - Rockville, Maryland
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $49,412.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $49,412.00 annual
- $52,931.00 annual
- The City of Rockville is the third largest city in Maryland and is the county seat of Montgomery County.
- It is located 14 miles northwest of the Nation’s Capital along the I-270 Technology Corridor.
- Rockville has a resident population in excess of 63,000, and a workforce in excess of 80,000.
- The police department has an authorized force of 59 sworn police officers and 36 civilian personnel.
- The police department is fully committed to the concepts of community policing and has been nationally accredited by the CALEA since 1994.
- Money Magazine ranked Rockville No. 66 in its 2008 list of “Best Places to Live in the United States.”
- You may apply online at agency.governmentjobs.com/rockville/default.cfm.
- The Rockville City Police Department accepts applications from certified police officers on a continuous basis.
- The Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission (MPCTC) recognizes a certification if the officer has attended a state or local police academy that includes at least 600 training hours.
- NOTE: MPCTC does not recognize Federal Law Enforcement Training Center certifications.
- Applicants that meet the criteria of a certified officer must complete a City of Rockville application.
- They will be exempt from the written exam, but must successfully complete all other segments of the hiring process.
- If an out-of-state certified officer is hired, they would need to attend a Maryland Comparative Compliance training academy (approximately five weeks).
- The Rockville City Police does not run its own police academy.
- New candidates are sent to a local training academy that meets all of the requirements of MPCTC.
- The entry level police academy runs for approximately six months.
- A recruit is placed on a one-year probationary period once they have completed all MPCTC training requirements.
- After successful completion of the police academy, the recruit is assigned to the Field Training program for about 12 weeks.
- The City of Rockville has an excellent benefit package to include health, dental, and life insurance.
- All uniforms and equipment are furnished by the department and dry cleaning is provided free of charge.
- The City of Rockville is a culturally diverse community and the police department is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants.
- Age: 21 and over
- Education: High School Dipoloma or GED
- Experience: Certified or Graduation from Police Academy
- Age: Must be 21 at time of graduation from police academy.
- Education: High School diploma or GED
- Experience: None required
- Additional Requirements:
- US Citizen
- Excellent health
- Weight proportionate to height
- Possess or can acquire a valid Maryland driver’s license
- We do not have a residency requirement.
- You may apply on line at agency.governmentjobs.com/rockville/default.cfm.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!