Pulaski County Sheriff's Office - Little Rock, Arkansas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $25,889.00 annual
- Receives calls from public for emergency or non-emergency services; questions callers to obtain information required to dispatch the appropriate response units.
- Dispatches sheriff or volunteer fire Human Resources as needed; connects calling party to proper agencywhen necessary including medical assistance, Coroner, Office of Emergency Services, etc.
- Enters data on each call into computer recording time received, location of the incident, type code, patrol unit dispatched, time unit arrives on scene, time unit completes action, disposition code, any other emergency units that responded, and any other data as directed by supervisor.
- Makes computer inquiries into the Arkansas Crime InformationCenter (ACIC) andNational Crime Information Center (NCIC) when requested by Sheriff Department Officers to conduct warrant and license checks.
- Receives calls and dispatches Human Resources after office hours for Coroner's Office, and Office of Emergency Services.
- Enters and deletes stolen property or vehicles and missing person information and warrants served into ACIC/NCIC terminal; maintains entry data cards in appropriate card file.
- Age: 18
- Education: Graduation from high school or a GED equivalency.
- Experience: Some experience with dispatching is prefered but not required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for normal office activities including daily use of computer screen.
- Hearing necessary to communicate under emergency and routine conditions via radio or phone.
- Capability of sitting for extended periods of time.
- Digital dexterity necessary for keyboard skills.
- Ability to speak in a clear articulate manner.
- Graduation from high school or a GED equivalency; some experience with the operation of radio communication equipment, dispatching services, answering emergency calls or related area; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Must obtain ACIC/NCIC certification within one year of employment.
- Must possess or obtain T.D.D. certification within one year of employment.
Sgt. Doug Cunningham