Police Officer (Lateral Hire)
Del Rio Police Department - Del Rio, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $25,000.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $33,696.00 annual
- $33,696.00 annual
- Actively employed as a police officer for a municipal, county, federal, or state law enforcement agency that is a civil service agency.
- Must also have been previously employed within the last eight (8) years by a civil service agency.
- Employment by or experience with a school or university law enforcement agency is not acceptable.
- Each Lateral Hire Applicant shall hold a current peace officer license from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCLEOSE) or shall meet criteria established by the Chief for obtaining the TCLEOSE peace officer license.
- Each Lateral Hire Applicant will be subject to and pass a background investigation.
- 21-44 years of age
- Once hired, he/she must reside within a 45 minute response time
- High School diploma or GED with at least 12 college hours
- Must be able to read the English language and meet all legal requirements for eligibility on obtaining a peace officer's license through the Texas Commission of Law Enforcement Officers Standards and Education (TCLEOSE)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have a valid Texas Driver's license Standard Benefits: Longevity: $6.00 per month for each year of service (maximum $150 per month) Insurance: Employees are provided with paid Health, Dental, Life Insurance Retirement: Automatic enrollment into TMRS Retirement System Vacation/ Sick Leave: Accrue vacation and sick leave per year Holidays: 14 paid holidays per year and one personal day Education incentive: Tuition reimbursement paid up to 75% for courses taken during employment Education pay: Associate Degree: $75.00 monthly additional pay/ Bachelor Degree: $125.00 monthly additional pay Uniforms: furnished
- Age: 21-44 years of age
- Education: High school diploma or GED with 12 college hours
- Experience: TCLEOSE peace officer license
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!