Entry Level Police Officer
Del Rio Police Department - Del Rio, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $25,000.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $33.70 annual
The employment process will include a written examination, physical agility test, background investigation, oral interview, drug screening, physical examination, and psychological examination and may subject to polygraph test. Entry-level Police Officers shall serve an 18-month probationary period.Minimum qualifications to apply:
- 21-44 years old (A person must be 20.5 years of age on the date of accepting the application provided that at the time of graduation from the Training Academy, the applicant will have reached his/her twenty first (21) birthday.)
- Once hired, he/she must reside within a 45 minute response time.
- Educational requirements: high school diploma or GED with 12 hours of college
- Must be able to read the English language and meet all legal requirements for eligibility in future licensing by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Education (TCLEOSE)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have a valid Texas driver's license
Date of Written Examination: Date: Thursday, July 18, 2013 Time: 9:00 a.m. Place: Civic Center- Pecan Ball Room, 1915 Veteran's Blvd., Del Rio, Texas 78840IMPORTANT NOTE: THOSE INDIVIDUALS WHO PASS THE WRITTEN EXAM WILL BE TAKING THE PHYSICAL AGILITY TEST THAT SAME AFTERNOON. PLAN ON BRINGING THE APPROPRIATE ATTIRE FOR THE COURSE.
- Age: 21-44
- Education: High School or GED with at least 12 college hours
- Experience: hard working individuals needed
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!