Law Enforcement Agent - Inspector
NCDMV License and Theft Bureau - Raleigh, North Carolina
- Entry Level Salary:
- $45,957.00 annual
N.C. DMV License and Theft Bureau Law Enforcement Agents enforce motor vehicle laws pertaining to vehicle registration, vehicle inspections, licensing of automotive dealers and manufacturers, vehicle theft, and document/equipment fraud. The primary responsibility of the agent position is to conduct thorough investigations in accordance with applicable motor vehicle laws. Agents must have the ability to perform search and seizure; identify, collect, & preserve evidence; conduct interrogations; serve criminal/civil processes; complete detailed investigative reports; and testify in court.
**Position posted at the Journey Level - Hiring Salary - $45,957.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST PASS A PHYSICAL ABILITIES TEST, A POLYGRAPH EXAMINATION, A PANEL INTERVIEW, AN IN-DEPTH BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, A MEDICAL PHYSICAL, PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATIOn AND A DRUG SCREENING.
- Applicants should have a basic Knowledge of Chapter 20 Motor Vehicle Law;
- A basic knowledge of related law enforcement concepts, practice, theories, technologies and problem resolution techniques;
- The ability to plan and organize daily activities, and the ability to perform work with direct but limited daily supervision; the ability to follow division and department policies and procedures;
- The ability to communicate information effectively and correctly, both orally and in writing, for routine subjects and technical issues.
Law Enforcement Agents must possess a certification through the NC Criminal Justice Training & Standards Division, be able to successfully complete the License and Theft Basic Inspector Academy (11 to 12 weeks in duration) and the Field Training Program.
**The License and Theft Bureau is an equal opportunity employer**
**DMV does not accept faxed applications**
- Age: 21
- Education: (4 years exp) or (4 year degree + BLET) or (2 years exp + 2 year degree)
- Experience: (4 years exp) or (4 year degree + BLET) or (2 years exp + 2 year degree)
NCDMV License and Theft Bureau
1100 New Bern Avenue, MSC 336
Raleigh, North Carolina 27699
phone: (919) 861-3145
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!