Grand Prairie Police Department - Grand Prairie , Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $51,353.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $53,920.00 annual
- Testing for both lateral and recruit Police Officer positions. Online application deadline of September 13th, 2013.
- On-line application at www.grandprairiepolice.org/jobs
- Testing date will be September 21st, 2013. Fitness assessment consists of 1.5 mile run under 15:20, bench press 0.70% of your body weight one time, and leg press 2.1 times your body weight one time.
- Lateral Police Officer salary varies by years experience and department size.
- Certification pay for Intermediate/Advanced Peace Officer license. Monthly incentive pay for Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree, Field Training Officer, Shift Differential, *some restrictions apply*.
- Applicants who are not certified as Texas peace Officers are required to complete the Grand Prairie Police Academy.
- Upon successful completion, police recruits will be assigned to the patrol division for 17 weeks of field training.
- Lateral Officers already licensed by TCLEOSE attend an ammended academy.
- Background Investigation
- Applicant Review Board
- Polygraph Examination
- Psychological Investigation
- Medical Examination/Drug Screen
- Final Interview with Chief of Police
- Age: U.S. citizen between 21 and 44.
- Education: Bachelor Degree with at least 2.0 GPA
- Experience: Be eligible for certification by TCLEOSE