Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission - Austin, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $39,097.00 annual
Performs entry-level alcoholic beverage enforcement work. Work involves regulating the alcoholic beverage industry in Texas and enforcing the state’s Alcoholic Beverage Code. Works under close supervision during the probationary period which includes an intensive field training program and academy. Must be willing to work shifts as assigned including nights, weekends and holidays, with days and hours that are subject to change.GENERAL DUTIES:
- Enforces the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code, the Texas Penal Code and other applicable statutes.
- Inspects licensed premises and investigates complaints concerning violations of the state’s alcoholic beverage laws.
- Gathers evidence to determine if violations occurred and if criminal or administrative charges are warranted.
- Prepares and files administrative and criminal cases with the appropriate authorities.
- Conducts searches, seizes illicit alcoholic beverages and contraband, and executes arrests.
- Assists in the prosecution of cases filed.
- Assists other law enforcement agencies in the investigation, preparation, and prosecution of alcohol-related cases.
- May handle or assist in the initial processing of applications for licenses and permits.
- May provide training or teach awareness programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complete and submit a separate State of Texas Application form for each posting that you wish to apply for by writing the unique TABC job posting number on each application form that you submit. You may submit up to three separate applications, one for each Region.
- Identify the specific city location of the position you wish to apply for by writing the name of the city in the Geographic Preference section of the application form.
- Attach a legible copy of college transcripts, TCLEOSE Basic Peace Officer Certificate and DD214 if applicable.
- Attach a completed TABC Supplemental (HR-20) to State of Texas application for Employment form.
- Attach a completed Personal Inquiry Waiver (HR-41B), Authority for Release of Information. THIS FORM MUST NOW BE NOTARIZED.
- Attach a completed Agent Trainee Supplemental Form (HR-68)
- Applications must be submitted by the due date and time stated on the job posting. Late applications will not be accepted. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a State of Texas Application form.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Human Resources Department Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission 5806 Mesa Drive Austin, Texas 78731 Phone: (512) 206-3220 Texas Relay: TDD (512) 1-800-735-2989 Fax: (512) 206-3419 Email: email@example.com
The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission is accepting applications for the position indicated above. Applications may be obtained from our web site at: www.tabc.state.tx.us, the Human Resources Office or any local Texas Alcoholic Beverage Office. Applications may be faxed to (512) 206-3419 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. In all correspondence, please reference the position applied for by title and posting number as shown above. Persons with disabilities who need auxiliary aids or services should contact the Human Resources Office three (3) days in advance so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
- Age: 21+
- At least 21 years of age.
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCLEOSE) Basic Peace Officer Certification. (Legible copy of TCLEOSE Certification must be submitted with application)
- High school diploma or GED and four years experience in law enforcement. Experience conducting investigations is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED and four years of Military experience. (Legible copy of DD214 must be submitted with application).
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree. (Legible copy of Transcripts must be submitted with application).
- Selected applicants for agent trainee positions are required to complete a physical assessment per Texas Government Code, Chapter 614, Subchapter H, section 614.152. Applicants for this position must complete and pass the physical standards test during the application process to be considered for employment. The physical assessment will be conducted between the dates of Monday, July 15 – Friday, July 19, 2013.
- Candidates will be tested on the following:
300 Meter Run – 93 seconds Push Ups – 13 (no time limit) 1.5 Mile Run – 21:55 minutes
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!