Special Agent I (Field)
BNSF Railway Police - Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $67,000.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $67,000.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $70,000.00 annual
- Protects and safeguards company assets and resources including personnel, property and customer’s property entrusted to the company.
- Conduct proficient, sensitive corporate and criminal investigations, provide accurate, detailed reports and provide court testimony when required.
- Identify and properly handle trespassers on Company property and make arrests as appropriate.
- Counsels and advises company officials to reduce crime and accidents and improve security; coordinates response to railroad emergencies; supervises contract security guards and trains other employees on relevant matters.
- Perform aggressive crime prevention patrol of facilities, railroad property and trains, with special emphasis on TOFC/COFC, automobiles, and high value shipments.
- Conduct Load and Ride Solutions (LARS) duties including coordination of work at derailments, load transfers and adjustments, perform ride performance inspections and audits.
- Provide proper loading procedures to shippers and coordinates installation / removal of ride monitoring devices.
- Work with military and civilian personnel regarding equipment loading specifications, inspections and transportation arrangements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position.
- These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
NOTE: BNSF maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. Please visit www.bnsf.com/careers/ (Functional Area: Operations – Resource Protection or State/Province: Minnesota) to apply for the position online.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must have satisfactorily completed basic police training at a recognized state certified academy.
- Eighteen months of successful experience as a full time peace officer with a city, county, state federal or railroad law enforcement agency is preferred.
- Must meet peace officer commissioning standards in state in which this job is posted and be commissioned as such and maintain a valid State Peace Office License in that state.
- Must meet BNSF Resource Protection Solutions Team standards as a Special Agent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing and able to travel as required.
- Must be able and willing to use the company’s computer system for creating reports and databases.
- Must be physically and psychologically fit, able to successfully pass any required company evaluations and pass an extensive background investigation.
- Must successfully complete any required company training for this position.
- Must have broad knowledge of railroad industry and operations; particularly as it relates to handling emergency situations such as derailments, load securement, and like events.
- Must have a broad knowledge of criminal law and procedures.
- Must be able to successfully lead people, often in a stressful critical-event environment.
- Must be able to meet any government or Company training and retention standards.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at www.tsa.gov/twic.
- Age: 18
- Education: High School diploma or GED - Must have satisfactorily completed basic police training at a recognized state certified academy.
- Experience: Eighteen months of successful experience as a full time peace officer with a city, county, state federal or railroad law
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!