Friendswood Police Department - Friendswood, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $43,243.00 annual
The City of Friendswood is currently testing to establish an eligibility list for full-time PEACE OFFICERS, with the Police Department. The base salary is $43,243 to $54,059 annually, DOQ. The successful candidates will be responsible for the performance of routine patrol, crisis intervention and preliminary criminal investigations in an active, problem-solving partnership with the community. Applicants must demonstrate good human relation skills and be able to work well with all segments of the public.Applicants must be:
- Enrolled in a TCLEOSE accredited entry-level program, or
- Be a licensed Texas Peace Officer or
- To be hired as a Police Cadet, applicants must have 3 years of Active Duty in the U.S. Armed Forces with an Honorable Discharge or must possess 60 accredited college hours with a cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- Must have high school diploma or GED;
- minimum of 21 years of age;
- valid Texas Driver’s License;
- No class B or A misdemeanor or felony convictions.
- MUST be available for all shifts, weekends, holidays, and emergency situations (hurricanes, floods, etc.).
- An Associate’s Degree or prior experience is preferred, but not required.
The selected applicant will be required to undergo and pass a written pre-employment test, medical examination, psychological and emotional examination, criminal background check, credit check, driving record check, verification of employment eligibility and illegal drug screen prior to employment, and extensive background investigation.
All positions at the City of Friendswood require documentation of employment eligibility in accordance with Federal employment law. Communication skills in English are required for some specific assignments based upon job-related needs for communication with the general public and/or co-workers. Bilingual skills (Spanish/English) are encouraged, but not required.To register for the test, see the police recruiting portion of the city website: www.friendswood.com CLOSING DATE: Friday, August 30, 2013 at 3:00 PM APPLICANTS MUST REGISTER ON-LINE TO TAKE THE TEST AND BRING A COPY OF THE REGISTRATION FORM ALONG WITH A STATE PHOTO ID OR DRIVERS LICENSE TEST DATE AND TIMES ARE: THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2013 AT 9:00 AM & 7:00 PM TEST LOCATION: FISD ANNEX BUILDING, 402 LAUREL, FRIENDSWOOD, TX 77546
- Age: 21
- Education: Varies
- Experience: Not Required
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!