Washoe County - Reno, Nevada
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $45,884.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $62,920.00 annual
This is an Open Competitive / Countywide Promotional recruitment being conducted to create a list at the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office. The list established from the recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies. Verification of Basic POST Category I Certificate must be submitted with the application. Under general supervision, performs a full range of police duties in the areas of patrol operations, criminal investigation, civil process, search and rescue, courtroom security and detention; and performs related work as assigned. EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Must meet P.O.S.T. requirements per Nevada Administrative Code (NAC) 289 in its entirety:
- Must possess a current and valid Nevada Commission on Peace Officer’s Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) Basic Category I Certificate at time of appointment or provide verification of current enrollment in a Nevada P.O.S.T. Basic Category I Academy at time of application.
- Out of state applicants must meet P.O.S.T. requirements per Nevada Administrative Code (NAC) 289.200.
- Out of state applicants must pass the P.O.S.T. Academy challenge exam with a 70% or higher score within one (1) year.
A person may not be appointed to perform the duties of a peace officer if he or she has:
- Graduation from high school or possession of a General Education Development (G.E.D.) Certificate.
- Must be 21 years of age at the time of application.
- Must be a United States Citizen at time of application.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE
- Been convicted of a felony in this State or of any offense which would be a felony if committed in this State Law.
- Been convicted of an offense involving moral turpitude or the unlawful use, sale or possession of a controlled substance; OR
- A documented history of physical violence.
- A valid Nevada Class C driver’s license is required at the time of appointment and for continued employment in this classification.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT Upon successful completion of the physical abilities test and written exam, selected candidates must:
- Complete and submit a Personal History Statement and pass an extensive background investigation.
- Submit a set of fingerprints.
- Successfully complete a Computerized Voice Stress Analysis (CVSA) examination.
- Submit to psychological examination.
- Selected candidates will be required to pass a thorough pre-employment medical examination in accordance with NAC 289.110 and drug screen.
- The Washoe County Sheriff Deputy Association (WCSDA) covers the Sheriff Deputy position. The provisions of the prospective collective bargaining unit therefore cover this position.
- Applicants who meet the requirements for Deputy Sheriff will be scheduled to take the PAT and written exam.
- Applicants will need to successfully complete the PAT in order to participate in the written exam weighted 100%.
- Go to Required Additional Information link to view instructions and exam for this position.
- Those applicants who do not meet the qualifications will be notified by email and have five (5) working days to request a review of their qualifications.
- Age: 21
- Education: Graduation from high school or possession of a General Education Development (G.E.D.) Certificate.
- Experience: Basic Category 1
MUST APPLY ONLINE: www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/careers/jobs.htm DEADLINE FOR APPLYING Friday, July 19, 2013