Deputy Sheriff Trainee
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office - Golden, Colorado
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $3,992.00 monthly
The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office is now accepting applications for the position of Deputy Sheriff Trainee. Employment as a Deputy Sheriff is contingent on successful completion of the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office and Lakewood Police Department Combined Regional Police Academy, and passing the Colorado Peace Officers Standards and Training test (or possession of current Colorado POST Certification). APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILLED OUT ONLINE AT: jeffco.us/jeffcojobs.htm
The successful Deputy Sheriff Trainee will obtain a general knowledge of modern law enforcement practices, procedures and investigation techniques, county and federal laws concerning civil and criminal processes, the content and purpose of legal papers and practices involved in serving them, the principles and practices of criminal investigation, local laws, ordinances and state statutes about the commitment, confinement and release of prisoners. Will develop skills in the use of firearms and other law enforcement equipment. Will develop the ability to apply interpretation of laws to specific situations; present court testimony effectively and exercise sound judgment in emergency and routine situations to adopt quick, effective and reasonable courses of action.
- Age: 21 years by graduation
- Education: High School Diploma or GED minimum
- Experience: Preferred (but not required) applicant attributes include: fluency in a foreign language, pursuit of a higher education, honorable military service and commitment to the community - volunteerism.
For additional info visit our website @ www.jeffcosheriff.com APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILLED OUT ONLINE AT: jeffco.us/jeffcojobs.htm
- High School Diploma or GED, must be 21 years of age by graduation date and provide information for background investigation.Must submit to:
- Written testing
- Oral interview
- Polygraph exam
- Criminal/driving/credit history check
- Medical exam and psychological exam
- Required to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays. Must have valid Colorado driver's license by hire date.
Deputy Carlin Hastie
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!