Hennepin County - Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $38,800.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $58,000.00 annual
The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office Communications Division provides 24/7 non-emergency and 911 emergency public safety dispatching services to over 420,000 people in 36 communities, 19 fire departments, and 23 law enforcement agencies; processing more than 600,000 phone calls, 2 million radio, and 1 million computer aided dispatch transactions per year. The size and activity of this radio system makes it one of the largest systems in the nation. This division is currently hiring for T for Sheriff’s Telecommunicators. The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
Best Qualified Candidates will have one of the following:
- Receive incoming emergency, routine, and administrative calls.
- Ask callers for pertinent police, fire, and/or medical information.
- Determine response requirements and relative priorities of situations; receive and transmit information and messages by radio or telephone to police, fire, and/or medical units.
- Operate multi-channel computerized communication console, multi-line phone system, enhanced 911 emergency phone system, and Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) systems.
- Coordinate activities of public safety units on various radio systems.
- Enter, update, and retrieve information from local, state, and national computerized data systems.
- Disseminate severe weather and disaster warning/watch information.
For more the full posting and to apply visit www.hennepin.jobs by 5:00 on Thursday, July 18, 2013.
- One or more years of experience dispatching police, firefighters, and/or Emergency Medical Services (EMS).
- Two or more years of other dispatching experience.
- Four or more years of experience as a first responder (police officer, firefighter, and/ or emergency medical technician/paramedic).
- Other related experience, such as providing disaster/emergency response, community service, military and/or reserve service, loss prevention, home/business safety and security, triage and/or crisis intervention, and/or working with the public as a teller, help desk attendant, and/or call center representative may be substituted on a year for year basis.
- Typing skills of 40 wpm with 90% accuracy.
- Excellent customer service, multitasking, listening, and problem solving skills.
- Experience using radio, telephone, and computer dispatching systems.
- Age: 18
- Education: See posting
- Experience: See posting
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!