Entry Level Police Officer
Bellevue Police Department - Bellevue, Washington
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $4,902.50 monthly
- Top Pay:
- $6,792.00 monthly
BELLEVUE POLICE DEPARTMENT 450 110TH AVE. NE BELLEVUE, WASHINGTON 98009 Visit www.bellevuewa.gov/police.htm Updated: July 05, 2013 Classification: Entry Level Police Officer The City of Bellevue Police Department continuously accepts test results for Entry Level Police Officer throughout the year and hire approximately 8-12 officers each year. Salary Range: 2013 - $4,902.50 Step 1 / Police Recruit - $6,792.06 Step 5 / Top Step (Not including education or premium pay). Benefit Information:
NOTE: The City of Bellevue does not participate in Social Security, which means employees do not contribute to or earn Social Security credit while employed with the City. Applicant Contact Person: Please direct any questions to National Testing Network at 1-866-563-3882. Please do not call the department directly. Job Description: This position performs investigative and general police work involving the protection of life and property, apprehension of criminals, enforcement of laws and ordinances, and the preservation of the peace. Work normally involves patrol, investigation, and traffic enforcement duties, which may be performed in police vehicles, on motorcycles, on bicycles, on foot, or on electric vehicle. Bellevue Police Officers are strongly oriented toward community services and support law enforcement policies, which are community based. Initial assignment will be to the Patrol Section for a minimum of two years. The Entry Level Officer application process is initiated through www.NationalTestingNetwork.com. Candidates are encouraged to visit the Bellevue Police Department website for further information ci.bellevue.wa.us/Police_Home.htm.
- Generous health benefits including full medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse/domestic partner and children.
- 4% premium pay for 10 specialty job assignments
- Tax deferred and 90% City matched 401(k) defined contribution plan with vesting of city contributions at 10% per year of active contribution participation (Municipal Employee Benefit Trust – MEBT)
- 457 deferred compensation plan – will accept rollovers from your existing 401(k) or (a); 403(b); 457(b) or Traditional IRA
- Washington State LEOFF II retirement plan
- Employee provided dry cleaning - limited
- Workout while on duty (three hours per week)
- Comprehensive Quartermaster program that supplies 100% of issued equipment, uniform, and weapons
- Generous professional development and training opportunities (Over 100 hours per year)
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement program for bachelor degree
- Standard vacation accrual of 8.7 hrs/month rising in steps to 14.7 hrs/month at 20 yrs of service. 10 additional hours of vacation accrued per year for each year of service beyond 21
- Uniformed Patrol Officers are eligible annually for a $100 safe driving award
- Clothing allowance up to $500/year for plain clothes assignments (Detectives, PIO, Training)
- City provided $50,000 life insurance (no cost to employee)
- Plentiful off-duty employment opportunities
- Overtime and/or compensatory time allowances for overtime, callback, court, stand-by, and other instances.
- Secure underground employee parking facility
- Free annual pass (ORCA card) for regional bus/light rail transit
To apply and sign up for pre-employment testing (Frontline National), go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com and click on LAW ENFORCEMENT JOBS. Select the department and read over all the requirements and if qualified, select a testing location and a time and date for testing (both video and PAT) on the website calendar. For questions concerning the testing process, contact NTN Support at 866-563-3882. For updates and new job announcements, “Like” National Testing Network on Facebook.
- Age: 21 years of age
- Education: High School Grad/GED plus 90 quarters or 60 semester hours of college credit.
- Experience: Entry Level
Job Requirements Age: Be at least 21 years of age US Citizen: Be a US citizen High School Grad/GED: Proof of high school diploma or a GED certificate required. Valid WASHINGTON State Driver's License: Obtain a valid Washington State Driver's License prior to being hired. Ability to Read/Speak English: Must have ability to read and write the English language. Vision: Applicant must have normal color vision. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 in the better eye and 20/30 in the lesser eye. Applicants wearing eyeglasses or hard contacts must have uncorrected vision no worse than 20/200 in each eye. Applicants wearing soft contacts must be able to:
College: Must have 90 quarter, or 60 semester college credit hours, from an accredited college, completed at the time of application for this position (sealed transcripts must be submitted prior to a background investigation) OR educational requirements will be waived if applicant served continuously in active duty military and fulfilled the full enlistment period of 3 or more years with valid documentation of an honorable discharge.
- Provide verifiable documentation that soft contacts have been worn regularly for at least one (1) year prior to application
- Meets minimum vision acuity standards with soft contact lenses.
- There are no indications of corneal damage, or conditions of the eye which might require discontinuation of soft contact use.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!