Haines Borough - Haines, Alaska
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $21.69 hourly
SUMMARY: The Police Officer is a uniformed police position under the general supervision of the Chief of Police and Police Sergeant and performs a variety of police patrol, investigation and enforcement functions. This position ensures protection of life and property and preservation of peace through enforcement of applicable Federal, State and local laws. Please see a full job description at www.hainesalaska.gov/police/police-officer
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Please visit our website at www.hainesalaska.gov/police/police-officer for more information.
- Patrol in a police vehicle or on foot through the jurisdictional boundaries of the Haines Borough to enforce Borough, State or applicable Federal laws and to apprehend violators.
- Take charge in cases of traffic accidents, emergencies or disturbances, administer first aid, direct traffic and request emergency assistance as needed.
- Respond to and investigate civil and criminal complaints, crimes, disturbances, or other unusual circumstances resulting from possible violations of the law; make arrests,transport prisoners and book them into the jail.
- Observe and take statements from witnesses, collect and preserve evidence, prepare criminal and civil complaints, serve process papers and citations.
- Make reports of investigations and activities, conditions dangerous to the public, and unusual circumstances of interest to the police force and to the public.
- Assist other law enforcement agencies as requested or assigned.
- Appear as a witness in criminal, traffic, or civil court matters as required; maintain good and close relationships with the court, District Attorney's Office, Adult and Juvenile Probation and other governmental entities related to police work.
- Participate in search and rescue operations, public educational programs and special training sessions; perform special police community relations assignments.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Age: 21 years old (State of Alaska minimum)
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Perfered
High School diploma or equivalent, all requirements set forth by the Alaska Police Standards Council for employment as a police officer in Alaska, and a valid Alaska driver’s license. Preference may be given to Alaska certified or certifiable applicants. Applicant must be in good physical health. A complete extensive background investigation with criminal record checks, credit rating and polygraph examination to determine the candidate’s fitness of character, reputation and reliability for police work will be required. Preference will be given to applicants with police experience. Please visit our website at www.hainesalaska.gov/police/police-officer for more information.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!