Spokane County Civil Service - Spokane, Washington
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $3,687.00 monthly
- Academy Graduate:
- $4,033.00 monthly
- $4,457.00 monthly
- Top Pay:
- $5,443.00 monthly
Perform general law enforcement work in maintaining the peace, in the protection of life and property and enforcement of the law; to prevent or investigate law violations and accidents. Patrol in assigned area by car or other vehicle; operate other Sheriff vehicles as required. Apprehend those who have committed criminal offenses, perform initial investigation of crime scenes, serve legal papers under the direction of the courts of Spokane County, interrogate witnesses and suspects. May be assigned to any division of the Sheriff's Office by the Sheriff. Perform other work related duties as required.
This position is OPEN UNTIL FILLED. Full job notice and application packet can be printed from our website: www.spokanecounty.org/Sheriff or may be picked up at the Civil Service Office located at: 1229 W. Mallon, Spokane, WA 99260 NOTE: RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKET. Submit the following documents to Civil Service when filing:
Application packets without the attached documents listed above will be considered incomplete and will not be accepted.
- Civil Service Application
- Copies of all training applicable to position
- Basic academy certificate (copy)
- Sealed official high school and college transcripts
- Application for Veterans Preference with copy of DD-214, Member form 4, if applicable.
- Current driver's license (copy)
- Social security card (copy)
- Birth certificate (copy of state/county issued, not hospital copy)
- Non-refundable $15.00 processing fee (check or money order ONLY payable to SCCSC; no cash/credit/debit cards will be accepted)
- Age: At least 21 years
- Education: High school diploma/GED
- Experience: See below
NOTE: This is a union position and, as a condition of employment, the selected individual is required to join.
- At least 21 years old
- high school diploma/GED
- Height/Weight proportional & sufficient for physical restraint of suspects
- Vision at least 20/100 in each eye correctable to 20/20 in good eye, 20/30 in lesser eye.
- No color deficiencies.
- Normal hearing in voice tones from 500 to 2000 Hz
- Must have and retain valid drivers license
- Must qualify through background review including integrity interview and oral boards.
- Must have successfully completed the WSCJTC Basic Law Enforcement Academy or Basic Equivalency Academy or have the ability to obtain an equivalency certificate prior to completion of one year's probation.
- Must provide copy of current certification and training records.
- Must have successfully completed academy and have a minimum of two years sworn, non-military patrol officer experience, after probation, with a single agency.
- If not currently working in law enforcement, applicant must have been separated from previous agency for less than two years.
- Upon conditional offer of appointment, applicant shall be subject to medical, polygraph and psychological examination.
- Applicant is not currently on an entry-level list with the Spokane County Sheriff's Office or has not tested for an entry-level position for this department for the duration of the current lateral entry list.