City of Cheney - Cheney, Washington
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $4,081.00 monthly
- Academy Graduate:
- $4,486.00 monthly
- $4,486.00 monthly
- Top Pay:
- $5,455.00 monthly
Police officers work under the general supervision of the police sergeants and may be assigned to patrol or investigative responsibilities. Police officers work rotating schedules and shifts around the clock and throughout the year. The assignments involve independent judgments and the careful application of training, law, policy, procedure and directives. Police officers are responsible for general police duties in the enforcement of state and local laws, prevention of crime and providing other public services as needed to insure safety and security of persons and property within the City.
A City of Cheney employment application may be downloaded by clicking on the link below or by calling the Human Resources Office at 509-498-9203 to have an application sent to you. Completed applications must be received in the Human Resources Office by 5:00 pm on Friday August 2, 2013. Applicants must submit a check or money order in the amount of $25 to cover the cost of testing for the position. Applications will not be accepted without the testing fee. A complete application packet will include:
Testing and Selection Process:
- Completed and signed City of Cheney Application Form
- Cover letter and Chronological Resume
- Documents verifying any and all law enforcement training.
- Official transcripts for college or university degrees.
- The testing and selection process will consist of a Physical Agility Test (PAT), Written Test, and an Oral Board. Candidates must pass the Physical Agility test to advance to the written test and oral board.
- Candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will be contacted regarding the dates of the testing and oral boards.
- Age: 21
- Education: Entry level applicants must have an AA degree or a minimum of 90 credit hours toward a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Lateral candidates must be currently working as a police officer or worked as one during the last two years.
- Experience: Candidates must have a minimum of two years experience as a certified police officer.
Entry level applicants must have an AA degree or a minimum of 90 credit hours toward a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Lateral candidates must be currently working as a police officer or worked as one during the last two years. Candidates must have a minimum of two years experience as a certified police officer. Preference will be given to candidates with military service and those with experience working for the Cheney Police Department. Successful candidates must be physically fit and able to pass polygraph, psychological and medical examination including a drug test. Applicants must have a valid Washington state driver’s license and possess a good driving record.