Frankfort Police Department - Frankfort, Indiana
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $39,819.00 annual
Performs duties related to law enforcement such as preventing crimes, investigate suspicious activity, apprehending violators, assisting persons in trouble, directing vehicular and pedestrian traffic, and enforcing traffic laws. Applications are available at the Frankfort Police Department between the hours of 7 A.M. to 3 P.M. Monday through Friday or by visiting www.frankfort-in.gov. A completed application, which must include a copy of his or her driver’s license, a copy of their birth certificate and a copy of his or her high school diploma or GED certificate, must be received by the Frankfort Police Department no later than 3:00 p.m. on FRIDAY, August 30 , 2013. Applications received after this date will not be accepted.
In order to qualify for the Lateral Entry Program incentives an applicant must meet all established pre-employment minimum requirements, as well as successfully complete all testing, screening and background components. To be eligible for consideration within the Lateral Entry Program, the applicant must possess an Indiana Law Enforcement Academy (I.L.E.A.) Basic Certification or any State/Federal Certification accepted through the I.L.E.A. Waiver Requirement. Applicants must also have not been terminated by their previous employer. The Lateral Entry Program will honor up to 5 years of previous continual service for establishing vacation days. Applicants with more than 1 (one) year of experience will be credited with 30 days sick leave Applicants with prior certifications will be eligible for the Frankfort Police Department Technical Skills and Certification compensation pay up to $1050.00.
- Age: 21-35
- Education: High School or GED
- Experience: None
- Must be a Citizen of the United States.
- The applicant shall be at least 21 years of age and shall not have reached his/her 36th birthday.
- Must be free from any major impediment of the senses.
- Must be a high school graduate in possession of a high school diploma or an accredited GED.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license free of any major traffic offenses.
- Must be of good reputation and character.
- Must be able to pass a written examination, a physical agility test with standards set by the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy, a polygraph examination and oral interview.
- Must submit to an extensive personal history and background investigation; including a criminal history investigation.
- Must pass a physical examination and psychological examination as required by the governing body Public Employees’ Retirement Fund (P.E.R.F.).
- Must not have any Domestic Battery or Felony convictions in any State.
- A dishonorable discharge from military service shall disqualify the applicant and a discharge other than honorable may be grounds for rejection.