Police Officer Recruit
Arvada Police Department - Arvada, Colorado
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $48,320.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $54,064.00 annual
ALL JOB POSTINGS WILL CLOSE AT 12:00PM NOON ON THE APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE Please Note: If you have participated in a testing process with the City of Arvada Police Department but was not selected, you must wait one year to reapply unless your status has changed to Colorado certified or lateral candidate. BEFORE APPLYING PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO REVIEW OUR LIST OF DISQUALIFICATIONS OF BEING ELIGIBLE TO HIRE FOR ANY POSITION AT THE POLICE DEPARTMENT: http://arvadapd.org/join-our-team/disqualifications/ POSITION PURPOSE: Attends and successfully completes a Colorado P.O.S.T. Training Academy. Must past the Colorado P.O.S.T. certification test and obtain Colorado Peace Officer certification. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Essential Functions, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Working Environment/Physical Activities: Exposure to classroom environment, firearms range, driving, physical agility for self-defense and arrest control, and exposure to adverse weather conditions. This position requires moderate physical work lifting, pushing or pulling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 20 pounds frequently. Job Requirements Minimum Education or Formal Training and Experience:
- Attends a certified Colorado police academy
- Successfully completes academy
- Develops knowledge, skills and abilities in academy
- Maintains physical fitness
- Pass P.O.S.T. certification testing for the State of Colorado
- Familiarize themselves with City and Police Department
- Learns basic computer programs such as Oracle and Groupwise
- Completes ride-a-longs with police officers during academy
- Reviews personnel and department rules and regulations
Please Note: ANY history of drug sales will disqualify your application for Police Officer for the City of Arvada. The Testing & Oral Board interview schedule is as follows: Written testing and oral boards will occur August 26th through August 29th, 2013. An eligibility list for the position may be created after the selection process is completed. You will be notified, in writing, if you are placed on the eligibility list. WOMEN AND MINORITIES ENCOURAGED TO APPLY EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Bachelor’s Degree and valid Colorado driver’s license required.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age, ability to obtain certification in job related functions such as intoxilyzer, self-defense and arrest tactics, proficient in firearms, good health and fitness level.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Age: 21 years or older
- Education: Bachelors Degree (no exceptions)
- Experience: none required
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!