Bent County Sheriff's Office - Las Animas, Colorado
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $31,200.00 annual
This position is considered a Non-Supervisory Position that is responsible for the day-to-day law enforcement operations performed by Colorado P.O.S.T. certified deputies, including, but not limited to enforcing State, Federal, and County ordinances, statues, and codes necessary for the protection of life, health, safety, welfare, and property of persons. This position will also be responsible for the execution of other non-specific tasks as assigned by the Sheriff, Undersheriff or Senior Deputies. Deputies are held responsible for gathering accurate information concerning criminal and civil activities and document them accurately in a reporting system. The Deputy is required to resolve any issue where established policies may not be clearly defined. This position requires the ability to work with people to solve problems in a clear and concise manner. Deputies must also make the proper referrals to others, such as supervisors, outside agencies and courts. This position calls for supervision, both direct and indirect, by the Senior Deputies. This position also requires self-directed supervision as direct supervision may not be readily available at all times. This is a small law enforcement agency and at times everyone will be required to respond to service demands that may not be specific to their job description. Everyone is expected to serve the public to the best of their abilities and capabilities.
Applications are available at the Bent County Sheriff’s Office, at 11100 CR GG.5, Las Animas, CO 81054. A benefit package is included and includes other perks such as a take-home patrol vehicle. Exposure to a wide range of call types and job duties occurs in small agencies, providing a wealth of knowledge and experience in a variety of fields not normally available to beginner peace officers, making Bent County a great place to start a law enforcement career.
- Age: 21
- Education: GED
- Experience: not required, but preferred
- Must have a High School diploma (exceptions made under certain circumstances), be Colorado Peace Officer certified, and must not have a criminal history.
- Must be able to pass a psychological exam, oral board, and physical (medical) exam.
- Must have a valid Colorado Driver’s License and a good driving record.
- Basic computer skills are needed.
- Prior experience in law enforcement is beneficial; experience in the jail environment is also an advantage.
- Must have good basic interpersonal skills, knowledge of investigative procedures, report writing skills, and be able to prioritize and organize office work.
- Overall knowledge of Bent County, the communities, and the ability to get to and from all areas in the county is an advantage.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!