Provo City Corporation - Provo, Utah
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $90,000.00 annual
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice, Police Science, Public Administration, or a related field; and seven (7) years of command level experience in a police agency in a comparably sized community. (or) An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
- Must possess a valid, lawful driver's license.
- Must pass a background check, psychological evaluation, polygraph exam, and a post-offer drug screen.
- Must possess Law Enforcement Officer certification from POST (Utah State Peace Officer Standards and Training), within 90 days of employment.
- Utah law provides that the Basic Training requirements of certification may be waived if the applicant has successfully completed a comparable Peace Officer Basic Training Program.
- Waiver applicants will be required to furnish POST with a copy of their basic training curriculum and proof of successful completion.
APPLICATION PROCESS Qualified applicants are requested to submit a cover letter detailing how their background and experience has prepared them for this outstanding career opportunity, a complete resume and five work-related references, with contact information (references will not be contacted until mutual interest is established) to: Steven Harman, Senior Associate Citygate Associates 2250 East Bidwell Street Folsom, CA 95630 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 510-599-5924
- Electronic submissions strongly preferred.
- Application materials must be submitted no later than August 23, 2013.
- Applications will be screened by Citygate against the criteria contained in the brochure.
- Applicants determined to be the best qualified will be notified accordingly and invited to participate further in the selection process.
- It is anticipated that an offer of employment will be extended in September, 2013.
- Appointment will be made by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Council.
- Age: N/A
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 7 years
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary of $90,000 - $125,065 depending on qualifications/experience.
- Position includes excellent benefits package, including health, dental, life insurance, HSA/HRA/FSA options, and long term disability.
- The Chief will be a member of the Utah State Retirement System, and will accrue paid time-off benefits.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!