Lancaster County Detention Center - Lancaster, South Carolina
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $27,000.00 annual
Lancaster County Sheriff's Office is currently accepting applications for Corrections Officer positions for the Lancaster County Detention Center. Applicant must be 21 years of age, have a valid driver's license and a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Applicant must be able to pass a Corrections Officer Selection Test, polygraph, background check, psychological exam and drug screening. Applications can be obtained from our website at www.lacoso.net and mailed to Human Resources at the Lancaster County Administration Building of 101 N. Main Street, Lancaster, SC 29721. Lancaster County Sheriff's Office is an equal opportunity employer.
- Under occasional supervision, performs protective service work involving the detention and incarceration of adults and juveniles awaiting judicial action or serving limited sentences in the County jail facility.
- Maintains accurate jail records and performs related work as required.
- Works under stressful, high-risk conditions.
- Reports to the Corporal/Sergeant, Corrections.
- Duties may be limited pending certification by the SC Criminal Justice Academy.
- Maintains the security and safety of the jail facility, inmates and staff through implementation of implementation of policies and procedures.
- Processes and books inmates; fingerprints and photographs inmates; secures inmates' property and issues personal hygiene supplies.
- Supervises visitation, recreation, bond hearings, attorney's appointments and other inmate activities.
- Age: 21 years of age or older
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: None
Lancaster County Sheriff's Office bases their pay scale based on an applicants experience, continued education, community initiatives / projects, and specialized training:
Above is an excerpt from the Lancaster County Detention Center Career Ladder. The Career Ladder continues based on experience and continued education.
- Non-Certified w/ High School Diploma / GED: $25,569-$27,569
- Non-Certified w/ Associates Degree: $26,069-$28,069
- Non-Certified w/ Bachelor's Degree: $26,569-$28,569
- Certified w/ less than 3 years experience: $27,000-$29,000 (w/ Associates Degree: $28,000-$29,000) (w/ Bachelors Degree: $29,000-$31,000)
- Certified w/ 3-10 years experience: $28,5000-$30,5000 (w/ Associates Degree: $29,500-$31,500) (w/ Bachelor's Degree: $30,500-$32,500)
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!