City of Victoria - Victoria, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $18.43 hourly
- Academy Graduate:
- $18.43 hourly
- Top Pay:
- $20.32 hourly
Responds to emergency and non-emergency requests for police service and enforces all federal laws, state laws and city ordinances. Apply online at www.victoriatx.org under the "Job Openings" tab.
Benefits Package Available to all Full-Time Employees Includes:
- Health and Dental Insurance Available First Day of Employment
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health Club Reimbursement
- TMRS Retirement Plan with 2-to-1 Employer Match
- Paid Vacation
- Sick and Holiday Leave
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Diploma or GED certificate
- Experience: Certified as a TCLEOSE Peace Officer.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
Minimum Education, Experience and Certification:
- Ability to read and interpret policies, ordinances, state laws, reports and updates regarding criminal activity.
- Ability to complete a variety of written reports which may be used in a court of law.
- Skill in the use of firearms and other related law enforcement equipment.
- Knowledge of computers and typing skills.
- Twenty-one (21) years or over (18 years with 60 academic semester hours, college credit or two years military service).
- High school diploma OR GED.
- Certified as a TCLEOSE Peace Officer.
- Possession of a valid Texas driver’s license with driving record that meets City guidelines.
- Spelling abilities (passing score 70%) and a minimum net typing speed of 25 words per minute.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!