Chief of Police
Town of Brentwood - Brentwood, Maryland
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $60,000.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $65,000.00 annual
The Town of Brentwood (pop. 3,000) is seeking a dedicated and recognized leader in law enforcement.
The Chief oversees all activities and operations of the Police Department and reports directly to the Mayor. (EEO) QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE Qualified applicants are requested to submit a cover letter detailing how their background and experience has prepared them for this position, a complete resume and five work-related references, with contact information (references will not be contacted until mutual interest is established).
- a person with a demonstrated track record of innovation and creativity.
- an individual with proven leadership, executive management, and administrative skills.
- a leader who believes in community oriented policing and possesses the managerial skills needed to implement an effective community-based policing program.
HS diploma/equivalency; college degree preferred
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma required.
- Degree from an accredited college/university is preferred.
- Applicant must be certified by the Maryland Police Training Commission or be able to receive such certification within one year from date of hire; Eight to ten years progressively responsible experience in law enforcement and crime prevention with five years of experience in administration and supervision.
- Experience in budgeting and grant writing; Willingness to be on call to meet emergency situations.
- Must possess a valid Maryland driver’s license.
- Must pass a background investigation, psychological evaluation, polygraph exam, a drug test, physical exam, and reference checks.
- No felony or misdemeanors convictions for crimes of moral turpitude; Must be a United States citizen.
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish is highly desirable.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!