Salina Police Department - Salina, Kansas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $16.76 hourly
- Academy Graduate:
- $37,918.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $66,787.00 annual
Join the 113 men and women who comprise the nationally accredited Salina Police Department, and wear a badge that provides you with the opportunity to truly make a difference. To wear the badge, you must be a person of honor and integrity, possess strong communication skills, and be able to render sound decisions under pressure. Most of all, you must be committed to public service. By helping to make Salina a better place to live, you will earn the respect of the citizens you serve, and you will take pride in being recognized as a law enforcement professional and member of one of the finest municipal police agencies in the nation.
Applications can be obtained from: The City of Salina Attn: Human Resources Department 300 West Ash Room 200 P.O. Box 736 Salina, KS 67402-0736 Contact Number: 785-309-5710 Email Address: email@example.com. Application can also be made online at www.pd.salina.org. The City of Salina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Apprentice Police Officer: $16.76 per hour during the 29-week police academy and Field Training Officer program.
- Police Officer: Annual Pay Range $37,918 to $66,787.
- Lateral Transfers / Out of State Lateral Transfers: We value your experience and will start you at a wage commensurate with your knowledge, skills and ability.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : high school diploma or GED (college preferred)
- Experience: None
Vision must be 20/100 correctable to 20/20, no upper acuity limit with contact lenses.
- Good physical condition.
- No felony convictions.
- Selection process includes a written test administered the 3rd Saturday of each month, medical, polygraph, and psychological examination.
- Drug screening.
- Must live within 40-minute response time.
- Successful candidates are prohibited from smoking or using tobacco products at any time, on or off the job.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!