City of Hutchinson - Hutchinson, Kansas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $18.72 hourly
- Top Pay:
- $25.18 hourly
The primary function of this job is the enforcement of local, state and federal laws and ordinances and protection of life and property within the City of Hutchinson and surrounding area. Officers work under the direction of the Patrol Sergeant or other higher ranking officer and duties normally consist of patrol and traffic activities in the city on an assigned shift. Officers may be delegated to assignments in specialized areas such as neighborhood services, community services, criminal investigations services, administration, or other assignment. Officers work a 12-hour rotating shift assignment that includes working on nights, holidays and weekends.
Basic Eligibility Requirements Include:
- Must satisfy all requirements as set forth in Kansas Statute 74-5605, kansasstatutes.lesterama.org/Chapter_74/Article_56/.
- At least 21 years of age with a High School Diploma/GED.
- No convictions, diversions, expungements for felony or misdemeanor crimes involving domestic violence, morals, drugs, property, weapons, use of force or threats.
- Must not be currently charged or under indictment for any criminal activity other than minor traffic violations.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with no more than two (2) moving traffic violations within the past year.
- Correctable vision to 20/20 and the ability to pass the Department’s Physical Agility Test.
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: Not Required
Overview of the Screening & Selection Process: To be considered, all applicants must thoroughly complete the eApplication. Applications should be submitted by visiting www.hutchgov.com/employment. Failure to provide truthful, accurate and complete information on this form will result in disqualification. Applicants meeting the basic requirements will be invited to take the Physical Agility test and Police Officer Written Entrance Exam. Those with passing scores may be invited to attend a ride-a-long, an oral interview board exam. Finalist must submit to an in-depth background investigation, a psychological evaluation, and post-offer physical exam. Additional Benefits: The Department also provides our officers with all uniform essentials including shirts, pants, footwear, duty belt and gear, body armor, handgun, and professional cleaning of the officer's uniforms. Residency: All Police Officers must reside within Reno County, KS, within one year of employment date. The Hutchinson Police Department is an agency of 69 sworn officers that provide services for a population of 40,000 people. Our community is complete with all the amenities of a larger city, with various attractions and conveniences, yet has a small town appeal. Our community is the home of the Kansas State Fair, upscale museums, quality schools and it is simply a great place to raise a family. The Hutchinson Police Department demands the utmost professionalism and ethical conduct of all of our officers, while on and off duty. Our officers are provided with the state-of-the-art equipment, patrol vehicles, touch screen mobile data terminals, computer based records management system, digital in car audio/video systems and progressive, ongoing job related training for each officer to be successful in their career as a police officer.