Cartersville Police Department - Cartersville, Georgia
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $31,518.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $33,114.00 annual
- $34,790.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $36,552.00 annual
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the enforcement of federal, state and local laws and the protection of life and property. MAJOR DUTIES:
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Patrols an assigned zone to detect and deter criminal activity and traffic violations.
- Responds to calls relayed by E-911 communications, including crimes in progress and after the fact reports.
- Conducts preliminary investigations into traffic accidents and other incidents, including interviewing victims, complainants and witnesses, gathering information and evidence, and securing crime scenes.
- Apprehends, arrests, and processes offenders, including fugitives; summons witnesses.
- Provides assistance and backup support to other officers as necessary.
- Provides first aid and CPR to victims as necessary and assists motorists.
- Provides traffic direction as needed for events such as parades, funerals, ball games, and school crossings.
- Testifies in judicial proceedings as necessary.
- Transports inmates as required.
- Completes all required reports and forms, including accident and incident reports.
- May work security at special events.
- Inspects and maintains an assigned patrol car and uniform.
- Prepares and serves criminal warrants.
- May be assigned special duty assignments, such as K-9 Officer, School Resource Officer (SRO), Special Operations, Investigations, or Drug Task Force, etc.
- Attends ongoing training classes as required. Maintains all required certifications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state laws, criminal and traffic codes, search and seizure laws, city ordinances, and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of traffic investigation techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of the geography and streets of the city.
- Knowledge of first-aid and CPR techniques.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials and weapons of mass destruction.
- Knowledge of the court system and judicial procedures.
- Skill in operating police vehicles, firearms, and emergency equipment.
- Skill in the use of basic office equipment including a computer with standard business application software, copier, and facsimile machine.
- Skill in restraining persons without causing physical harm.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Must have a valid Georgia driver's license.
- No criminal history.
- No history of hard drug usage.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must complete the Georgia P.O.S.T. approved academy even if certified in another state.
- If a peace officer now, no history of any type of disciplinary action by P.O.S.T. or certification agency.
- Never been terminated from a law enforcement job for any reason.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : High school with college degree preferred
- Experience: : None necessary
We are giving the video and written examination on Saturday, September 21, 2013. Applications must be turned in by Saturday, September 14, 2013. Must be able to pass the following:
- Video and written examination
- Physical agility test
- Drug screen
- Psychological examination
- COMPASS examination
- Physical examination
- Two oral interview boards
Captain Mark Camp
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!