Assistant Chief of Police
Breckenridge Police Department - Breckenridge, Colorado
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $75,816.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $107,380.00 annual
The Town of Breckenridge, Colorado is seeking a knowledgeable, innovative and values driven Assistant Chief of Police to assist the Police Chief in supervising a Department staff of thirty. The Town, situated in the Rocky Mountains approximately 73 miles from Denver, is a world-class resort community serving a resident population of 4,200 and a daily ski season visitor population of 25,000. The Breckenridge Police Department has embraced a community oriented policing philosophy and is committed to a high level of service. The Town is seeking a proven leader who will build on the success of the department and establish and maintain strong, stable relations with a variety of constituents.
After a review of all applications, top candidates will be asked to submit a written essay and provide information for an extensive background check. Following that evaluation process, selected finalists will participate in an assessment center, tentatively scheduled for mid-October. A job offer will be made contingent on successful completion of a polygraph, psychological exam, and final background review.
- Age: : minimum 21 years of age
- Education: : BA/BS - Masters Degree preferred
- Experience: : minimum 8 years, at least 5 yrs in supervisory role
The ideal applicant for this position will have demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in community policing, administration, operations, supervision and leadership. The successful candidate must possess:
- A minimum of eight years of progressively responsible experience in municipal law enforcement work, including at least five years in a supervisory position at or above the level of Police Sergeant.
- A four-year degree from an accredited college or university in a related field (Master's Degree preferred).
- Possession of a State of Colorado POST Certification or eligibility for certification (required within six months).