Pulaski County Sheriff's Office - Little Rock, Arkansas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $25,889.00 annual
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Receive calls for emergency or non emergency services by telephone or radio.
- Determine the nature of services needed and priority of situation.
- Dispatch the appropriate service to the scene.
- Receives calls from public for emergency or non-emergency services; questions callers to obtain information required to dispatch the appropriate response units.
- Dispatches sheriff or volunteer fire Human Resources as needed; connects calling party to proper agency when necessary including medical assistance, Coroner, Office of Emergency Services, etc.
- Enters data on each call into computer recording time received, location of the incident, type code, patrol unit dispatched, time unit arrives on scene, time unit completes action, disposition code, any other emergency units that responded, and any other data as directed by supervisor.
- Makes computer inquiries into the Arkansas Crime Information Center (ACIC) and National Crime Information Center (NCIC) when requested by Sheriff Department Officers to conduct warrant and license checks.
- Receives calls and dispatches Human Resources after office hours for Coroner's Office, Alexander Police Department and Office of Emergency Services.
- Enters and deletes stolen property or vehicles and missing person information and warrants served into ACIC/NCIC terminal; maintains entry data cards in appropriate card file.
- Completes incident reports for citizens coming to Sheriff's Department after office hours.
- Notifies business owners of the triggering of business alarms.
- Monitors location and status of patrol units in field; verifies coverage of area for units requesting off duty status.
- Performs other related duties as required.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed indoors in a smoking restricted environment on a variable shift basis. Shift assignment may change as needed. ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from high school or a GED equivalency.
- Some experience with the operation of radio communication equipment, dispatching services, answering emergency calls or related area; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Must obtain ACIC/NCIC certification within one year of employment.
- Must possess or obtain T.D.D. certification within one year of employment.
- Age: : minimum 18 years of age
- Education: : Graduation from high school or a GED equivalency
- Experience: : Previous dispatching experience is prefered, but not required
- Visual acuity sufficient for normal office activities including daily use of computer screen.
- Hearing necessary to communicate under emergency and routine conditions via radio or phone.
- Capability of sitting for extended periods of time.
- Digital dexterity necessary for keyboard skills.
- Ability to speak in a clear articulate manner. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of a background investigation and drug and alcohol screening. Interested individuals must come to the Human Resources Office to complete an application for the position between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00p.m., Monday through Friday or online at www.co.pulaski.ar.us. The Human Resources Office is located in Suite 100 of the Pulaski County Administration Building, 201 South Broadway Street, Little Rock., Arkansas, 72201. Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and the selecting official has received all applications.
Sgt. Doug Cunningham
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!