Law Enforcement Records Technician (Civil Section) (2012205)
Ada County Sheriff's Office - Boise, Idaho
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $10.00 hourly
Position is located in the Ada County Sheriff’s Office, Police Services Bureau, Criminal Investigations Division. PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives documents resulting from court decisions; reads documents to determine the proper type of service to use.
- Creates a computer record for processing the required actions; routes documents to the appropriate officer.
- Reads file to make decision on type of court return to be made
- Receives funds.
- Provides statistics, updates on cases.
- Performs related duties as required as pursuant to Idaho Code.
ADDITIONAL EXAMPLES OR WORK PERFORMED:
- Receives the public and accepts incoming documents which include summons, complaints, orders, subpoena, warrants, garnishment, and writs, etc.
- Reviews documents received to assure case is one to be processed in the Civil Section and the record contains information necessary for processing.
- Reads letter of instruction accompanying legal documents to ensure proper processing of the documents; Enters all cases into the computer system, creates case history, assigns a number, and makes distribution of the case to the appropriate officer.
- Keeps case record current during processing.
- Receives and routes any subsequent documents to the same officer.
- Prepares monthly reports of the Civil Section Activities.
- Checks court returns for accuracy of data and mails to proper agency.
- Files court and other documents into a numeric filing system.
- Answers incoming telephone calls to the Civil Office and responds to questions from attorneys and the general public concerning civil procedure and/or transfers calls to the proper individual or division.
- Receives money brought to the Civil Office as payments on writs, taxes, etc.
Perform related duties as required. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Performs process service in Civil Office, Jail and other locations in the Public Safety Building.
- Performs a variety of clerical and support work associated with Sheriff's sales.
- Makes distribution of funds received.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in related work providing familiarity with legal procedures, terminology, and knowledge of the court process preferred.
- Knowledge of modern office equipment, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge of business arithmetic.
- Skill in the operation of a computer terminal, typewriter, and 10 key calculator.
- Skill in communicating with culturally diverse populations.
- Ability to learn and retain information concerning the law and adapt to changes in the law in order to properly process and serve legal papers.
- Ability to keep complex clerical records.
- Ability to process legal documents quickly and accurately.
- Ability to research files to locate information and the knowledge of how/where to continue to search until all possibilities are exhausted.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to deal with the public, some of whom may be irate, in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain harmonious working relationship with other employees.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must appear before an oral board, and complete a polygraph and background check prior to hire.
- An employee in this class must be deputized in order to make work actions effective.
- This position has been designated safety sensitive and therefore the incumbent is subject to random drug testing.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment and the employee in this class is subject to inside environmental conditions.
- Requires sitting at a desk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours and ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Apply online at: adasheriff.silkroad.com/
- Age: : 18
- Education: : HS
Because of the Sheriff Office’s effort to create a smoke-free work environment, out of concern for the health and welfare of our employees and those with whom we work, only applications from those who do not smoke will be considered for employment. Applicants must have not smoked any tobacco products for at least eleven (11) months prior to applying.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!