Union Pacfic Railraod - Omaha, Nebraska
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $72,960.00 annual
Union Pacific is looking for Special Agents to join our Safety Police department in Roseville, CA. Candidates must have current California P.O.S.T. certification at the time of application. The successful candidate must have qualified on the Operating Management Test Battery. Selected candidate with be contacted with testing details. Only on-line applications will be considered. Please apply at www.unionpacific.jobs
- Responsible for all police activities including patrol; criminal investigation; executive, cargo, and asset protection; grade crossing traffic enforcement; facility and Homeland security; and emergency response preparedness.
- Share inter-department responsibility for employee and public safety; crossing accident and third party personal injury investigation; freight claim resolution; civil investigation; hazardous material release and related environmental issues.
- Work with other special agents or independently with primary responsibility for an assigned geographical territory to:
- Conduct investigations of illegal activity or follow-up investigations of criminal cases
- Write comprehensive and detailed reports that accurately articulate the findings in accordance with department guidelines and government legal standards
- Interview victims, witnesses and suspects to develop the facts of the case and write criminal complaint and warrant documents in compliance with state and federal laws
- Collect, preserve and interpret physical evidence and identify and recover stolen property.
Prepare criminal cases for prosecution, work directly with prosecutors, attorneys and court officials, and personally testify for the Company in court. Investigate all matters related to employee criminal misconduct. Participate in crime reduction enforcement operations to ensure customer''s lading moves intact without unnecessary delay from origin to destination. Ensure that highly sensitive Government shipments requiring special handling are protected or inspected according to federal rules and regulations. Investigate fully (interview, photograph, measure & diagram) all vehicle accidents, employee and third party injuries in the absence of a Claims Agent or a Sr Spec Agent - Accident Specialist. Promote public safety through grade crossing traffic enforcement operations (UPCARE) and the investigation of unsafe motorist incidents. Implement the Union Pacific''s Homeland Security "security" plan counter measures as threat levels change. Participate in "red team" audits on critical targets to test vulnerabilities and validate effectiveness of security measures. Participate in the Executive protection of the Board of Directors, Corporate Officers and Senior Railroad management, family and their guests.This is a physically demanding job. The successful candidate will be required, among other things, to walk or run long distances over uneven terrain in the rail yard; and to climb on to and off of equipment. The successful candidate will also be required to take and pass the annual physical and firearms tests for U.P. Special Agents. To respond to patrol and police activities the ideal candidate will reside within 50 miles of the assigned office location.
- Age: : 21 and over
Required Education, Training, Experience or Skills: Graduated from an accredited Police academy, and presently meets certification requirements to be commissioned in the work location state. Preferred Education, Training, Experience or Skills:
- A Bachelor Degree in criminal justice, police science, public administration or related field from an accredited college or university
- 3 year(s) experience in law enforcement as a public law enforcement or Military Police professional Advanced Microsoft Suite skills specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience creating and delivering presentations and technical writing skills that clearly and concisely communicate programs, services and ideas to a diverse audience