Edgewater Police Department - Edgewater, Colorado
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $44,907.00 annual
Employment Opportunities The Edgewater Police Department is currently hiring for the police officer position, closing September 13, 2013 at 4:00 p.m. Application forms are available for download below, but will only be accepted when a job opening has been officially announced. For certified peace officer positions, you must be Colorado P.O.S.T. certified or certifiable at the time of hiring. The Edgewater Police Department does not retain unsolicited applications or resumes. Police Officer General Qualifications:
The Edgewater Police Department is aggressively seeking highly qualified and motivated individuals for the position of Police Officer. The Department provides high-visibility police services with a strong emphasis on pro-active enforcement to a community on the western border of the City of Denver and Sloan’s Lake. The City of Edgewater has a diverse population of about 5,100 that is experiencing significant transition and redevelopment due to its proximity to Denver while at the same time the city retains the charm and attraction of a smaller, close knit community. The Edgewater Police Department is committed to continuing to build a strong and proud professional image. Specialized training and in-service training are encouraged for every member of the Department. Our officers are enthusiastic and look forward to working as a team to face the challenges of continuing to provide professional police service to the community. Minimum qualifications for Police Officer include
- Minimum 21 years of age
- US citizen
- Possess a valid Colorado driver’s license at time of appointment
- Be Colorado POST certified or previously attended a POST academy and successfully competed the Colorado POST exam
- No Felony convictions or offenses involving moral turpitude
- High School diploma or GED
The selection process may include, but is not limited to
- 21 years of age with no maximum age; high school diploma or GED with 60 semester/90 quarter hours of higher education at an accredited college or university in any discipline highly desirable.
- valid Colorado driver’s license with no restrictions at time of appointment.
- current Colorado POST basic certification or eligibility to obtain Colorado POST basic certification within the statutory time limitation if certified in another state.
- ability to successfully complete a structured intensive hiring process.
The 2013 starting salary for Police Officers is $44,907/year with a generous benefit package. Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team of professionals. Become an important part of an evolving work environment where your skills, your creativity and your diversity are appreciated. For more information contact Chief John W. Hough at 720-763-3000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. The employment application is available at the Edgewater Police Department at 5901 West 25th Avenue or online at www.edgewaterpd.com.
- a written examination.
- an oral interview board.
- completion of a detailed Personal History Questionnaire and background investigation.
- a polygraph or certified voice stress analysis (CVSA) examination.
- a psychological and medical examination.
- a Chief of Police review and recommendation for hiring.
- Age: : 21