Chief of Police (13-1657)
Gila River Indian Community-Human Resources Dept. - Sacaton, Arizona
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $105,776.00 annual
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- The Chief of Police directs, plans, and manages all functions and operations of the Police Department in the enforcement of Tribal, State, Federal laws and Tribal ordinances; aids in the prevention of crime, and protection of life and property.
- Maintains a commitment to protect the sovereignty and customs of the Gila River Indian Community (GRIC).
- Work involves providing leadership to, and organizing and directing the activities of the Police Department’s major divisions of Field Investigations, Field Support Services, and Field Operations.
- The Chief of Police reports to and consults with Division Manager in determining plans and policies to be observed in police operations.
- Except for general administration direction, this position works independently with performance evaluated on results achieved.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in Police Science, Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice, Public Administration or a closely related field and a minimum of eight (8) years experience in law enforcement; including a minimum of five (5) years of progressive managerial and supervisory law enforcement experience as a Police Lieutenant or higher rank; or comparable ranking level.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Police Science, Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice, Public Administration or closely related field is preferred.
- Tribal Law Enforcement experience preferred.
- Certified by the Arizona Police Officers Standards Testing Board (AZPOST) as a Commissioned Law Enforcement Officer (or equivalent certification from another state).
- Pass background check and fingerprint clearance as a condition of employment.
- Required to qualify for a Tribal Driving permit.
EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT INFORMATION
MEDICAL BENEFITS INFORMATION (effective immediately upon hire date, no probationary period required)
- Term of Contract is three years and subject for renewal
- Compensation reflected on the Job Announcement and finalized in the Contract will remain the same, any increases (merit, cost of living for employees, Director Contract will also be eligible for increase)
- Annual Leave – Allowed a capped amount of leave each fiscal year, (amount of leave determined upon start date of position). Leave is not carried over into next fiscal year and paid at end of each fiscal year.
- Sick Leave – Allowed a capped amount of leave each fiscal year, leave is not paid at end of each fiscal year.
Other Voluntary Benefits
- Medical – EPO or PPO Self-Funded Plan utilizing Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Network
- Prescription Program.
- Dental – Plan is provided through CIGNA with no deductible for preventive services or $50 (individual)/$150 (family) deductible for basic and major services.
- Vision – plan benefits are provided through SightCare of Arizona and carry a $10 co-pay for exams, zero co-pay
- Life and AD&D – Basic, dependent, and/or voluntary benefits provided through CIGNA Group Insurance. GRIC pays the full cost for your basic Life and AD&D.
TWELVE (12) PAID HOLIDAYS
- Aflac offers various supplemental benefit plans
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Age: : 21
- Education: : Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in Police Science, Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice, Public Administration
Experience: A closely related field and a minimum of eight (8) years experience in law enforcement; including a minimum of five (5) years of progressive managerial and supervisory law enforcement experience as a Police Lieutenant or higher rank, or comparable ranking. DEADLINE: Employment Applications are available at all District Service Centers, the Human Resources Department, and online at www.gilariver.org. All Employment Applications and copies of required documents, i.e., Transcripts, Certificates, diploma and Motor Vehicle Record, must be received in the Human Resources Department by 5:00 pm on the closing date. Late Applications or documents will not be considered. HUMAN RESOURCES WILL NOT MAKE COPIES OF APPLICATIONS OR DOCUMENTS BEING SUBMITTED. To avoid delays, application can be mailed or faxed to: Gila River Indian Community Human Resources Department Post Office Box 97 Sacaton, Arizona 85147 Fax: (520) 562-9809
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!