City of Muscatine - Muscatine, Iowa
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $39,748.00 annual
This is responsible police work as part of the Public Safety Operations of the City. Work involves responsibility for community protection of life and property, crime prevention, law enforcement and arrest, assigned patrol, traffic control and supervision, investigation, records and report processing, public relations contacts and other special police related assignments.
Starting salary $39,748.80 plus a generous benefits package. **We offer a $2,500 signing bonus for candidates already certified by the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy upon hire** Testing: Saturday, September 28, 2013. Location and times will be included in informational packet. Applications are available on the City’s website: www.muscatineiowa.gov. or Human Resources Department City Hall 215 Sycamore Street Muscatine, Iowa 52761. Application deadline is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 20, 2013.
- Age: : 18+
- Education: : High School Graduate or equivalent
- Graduation from High School or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Sufficient physical ability to sit, stand, walk, run, lift heavy objects, and climb stairs carrying emergency equipment.
- Must pass physical and drug screen.
- Ability to complete the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy.
- Must possess valid Iowa driver’s license.
- Must reside within 30 air miles of Muscatine City Hall following hire.
- Must be U.S citizen
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!