Entry Level Police Officer
Sunnyside Police Department - Sunnyside, Washington
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $4,206.00 monthly
- Top Pay:
- $5,398.00 monthly
SUNNYSIDE POLICE DEPARTMENT 818 EAST EDISON AVENUE SUNNYSIDE, WASHINGTON 98944 www.ci.sunnyside.wa.us Updated: August 27, 2013 Classification: Entry-Level Police Officer The City of Sunnyside is anticipating upcoming hiring. The department is building an eligibility list for future positions. Salary Information:
- $4,1602.69/mo. Pre-academy
- $4,206 - 5,398/mo. (not including specialty and premium pays)
- Premium pays include Spanish bilingual 1.5%, Education 3%, Physical Fitness 3%, SRO/Detective Assignment 3%, and Field Training Officer 3%.
The City of Sunnyside is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
- Under the direction of an assigned Police Sergeant, perform proactive police protection and other services to safeguard the lives, property, and constitutional rights of the citizens of Sunnyside.
- Respond to crime and accident scenes, emergency situations, and other request for assistance.
- Detect, apprehend, and arrest criminals; enforce the laws and ordinances of the City.
- Perform a variety of specialized duties as assigned.
To apply and sign up for pre-employment testing, go to www.nationaltestingetwork.com and click on LAW ENFORCEMENT JOBS. Select the department and read over all the requirements and if qualified, select a testing location and a time and date for testing on the website calendar. For questions concerning the testing process, please contact NTN Support on the website or at 866-563-3882. For updates and new job announcements, “Like” National Testing Network on Facebook.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : High School Grad/GED
- Experience: : Entry
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Citizen of the United States with a valid Washington State Drivers License at the time of appointment and excellent driving record. If applicant possesses a valid license in another state, will have the ability to obtain a WADL within 30 days of appointment.
- Be a High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must have good moral character and successfully pass a polygraph test, psychological exam, medical examination, and a financial review.
- Must be without pending or prior convictions for domestic violence, felony convictions, and no disqualifying misdemeanor convictions.
- All eligible applicants will be fingerprinted prior to appointment for a thorough background investigation.
- A period of 12 months probation is required before the Officer is classed as a regular employee.