School Resource Officer
Willard School District - Willard, Missouri
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $33,000.00 annual
Willard Schools is seeking an individual with skills to insure safety and security while building effective relationships with students, staff, and community. Willard Schools has a position of School Resource Officer (SRO) for the 2013-2014 school year. This will be a 1.0 FTE 185-day position. The SRO will possess proven leadership and demeanor that fosters a climate of high expectations, with an honest, transparent actions, and a focus of service that engages the entire school community.
Applicants must submit online applications at www.applitrack.com.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : High School Diploma or above
- Experience: : 3 yrs patrol/SRO preferred
- Must hold a Missouri Peace Officer Certification.
- Must be able to qualify with all weapons assigned to the officer, which meets Willard Greene County Sheriff's Office standards.
- Must keep updated on all police related training.
- Must be eligible for Willard City Police requirements / commission
- Must be able to take direction and/or collaborate with school administration for effective decision-making
- Respond to radio-dispatched calls for service.
- Conducts preliminary and follow-up investigations of all school related crime and accidents
- Assists with student traffic in parking areas
- Monitor and supervise student conduct
- Information source for all law enforcement and juvenile officials
- Must wear appropriate uniform / dress attire
- Professional decisions and appropriate judgement to provide safety and security of students and staff
- May be required to physically restrain or control individuals while on school property or at school-sponsored events.
- Role model for students in appearance and conduct
- In-service meetings for faculty, students and parents
- After school supervision of activities