Deputy Sheriff I-Academy Certified/Academy Enrolled
San Joaquin County - Stockton, California
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $4,848.00 monthly
- Top Pay:
- $5,891.00 monthly
This examination is being given to fill several vacancies in the Sheriff's Office and to establish an eligible list to fill future vacancies. Candidates must successfully pass a background investigation conducted by the Sheriff's Office to be considered for this position. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. A completed application must be postmarked or received online by the final filing deadline. NOTE: All correspondences relating to this recruitment will be delivered via e-mail. The e-mail account used will be the one provided on your employment application during time of submittal. Please be sure to check your e-mail often for updates. If you do not have an e-mail account on file, Human Resources will send you correspondences via US Mail. TYPICAL DUTIES:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: On August 14, 2013, the Civil Service Commission approved the selective recruitment requirements identified below. Candidates must meet these requirements to be considered for this position. Selective Recruitment Requirement: Successful completion of the POST Certified Basic Academy or current enrollment in a POST Basic Academy, with a letter of attendance provided by the Academy Director. Completion and possession of a valid POST Basic Academy Completion Certificate issued by the California Commission on Peace Officers Standard and Training is required for appointment. Failure to complete the academy may result in release from employment. Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a General Education Development certificate (G.E.D.), or have attained a two-year or four-year degree from an accredited institution. Successful graduation or current enrollment in a POST Basic Academy at the time of application is required.
- Patrols County areas and enforces laws
- Checks homes, business establishments, schools and other features of the area for crime, suspicious circumstances and hazardous conditions
- Operates electronic communication equipment and responds to calls to preserve the peace and enforce laws to improve effectiveness and meet community needs
- Apprehends suspects and renders assistance
- Obtains statements and information.
- Learns to and conducts investigations of complaint and criminal violations
- Gathers, maintains, and protects evidence
- Interviews victims, witnesses and suspects.
- Learns to and performs coroner duties including, identification of decedent
- Identifies and notifies next of kin
- Routine inspections of bodies involved in traumatic or unexpected deaths as well as the scene of the incidents
- Maintains and protects property of deceased persons.
May supervise inmates in a variety of activities at detention facilities.
- Services as bailiff, maintains security of and order in the court and removes disorderly persons when necessary
- Provides for security and safety of judges, jury deliberations, jurors, and the public
- Provides security and transportation of inmates to and from courts and other locations as required.
Serves and executes civil process.
- Patrols County waterways in boats
- Responds to and investigates reports of law violations and accidents
- Issues citations and makes physical arrest.
Testifies at hearings and trials.
Prepares incident, arrest, investigation and related reports.
Administers first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) as required.
FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT: www.jobaps.com
- Age: : 21
- Education: : two-year or four-year degree from an accredited institution
Licenses: Possession of a valid California driver’s license. Note: Supplemental application must be submitted with employment application.
- Be at least 21 years of age upon appointment
- Meet minimum standards required for Peace Officers as set forth in Section 1029 and 1031 of the Government Code
- Pass background investigation conducted by Sheriff’s Department
- Meet physical standards established for safety members.