Patrol Officer-Entry Level
City of Centralia - Centralia, Washington
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $4,896.00 monthly
- Top Pay:
- $5,818.00 monthly
CITY OF CENTRALIA 118 WEST MAPLE CENTRALIA, WASHINGTON 98531 www.cityofcentralia.com Updated: September 26, 2013 Job Classification: Patrol Officer - Entry Level The City of Centralia is currently recruiting for entry level Patrol Officer. The department will build an ongoing eligibility list, however to be considered for the current round of hiring all test results through National Testing Network must be completed by November 4, 2013. Salary Information: $4,896 - $5,818/month Patrol Officer - DOE, $3,917 - Entry level officer wage during Basic Law Enforcement Academy - Within six months of the effective date of employment, a Police Officer candidate is required to be enrolled in a basic training program prescribed by the Washington Law Enforcement Officer's Training Commission. (2014 Collective Bargaining Contract not yet negotiated) Benefit Information:
Contact Information: Angie Stritmatter Civil Service Secretary/Examiner email@example.com Department Overview: The department currently has 31 commissioned officers and 8 support positions. The annual budget of the department is $5.5 million dollars. Officers in our department respond to more than 22,000 service requests in a year and produce more than 3,600 citations and arrests. Patrol officers currently work eleven hour shifts with four days on and four days off. Area Information: Centralia is a community located midway between Portland and Seattle, on I-5. The City is the largest in Lewis County and has undergone significant re-development. Population: 17,000
- 12 Holidays (including two floating holidays)
- Sick leave - 1 day per month accrual, Vacation Leave - 8 hours to 16.66 hours per month depending on length of service
- Teamsters Medical Plans
- Life Insurance and Disability Plans
- Deferred Compensation Program including city match of up to 3% of employee contribution, LEOFF Retirement System, Longevity Pay (1.5% to 4% of base salary), Education Incentive Pay (2% to 4% of base salary), Premium Pay (2% of base) for SWAT, Traffic, or Anti-Crime Team assignment
- dual language (Spanish), or FTO, additional hourly pay per month for K-9 assignment
- All uniforms and equipment furnished by the city
- Personally assigned patrol vehicle (with take home assignment in most cases).
To apply and schedule pre-employment testing, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com and click on LAW ENFORCEMENT JOBS. Select the department and read over all the department information and if qualified, select a testing location and a time and date for testing on the website calendar. The department requires the candidate PHQ. The questionnaire can be accessed through the candidate account. For questions concerning the testing process, please contact NTN Support at 866-563-3882. For updates and new job announcements, “Like” National Testing Network on Facebook.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : High School Grad
- Experience: : Entry
- Age: 21
- US Citizen: Yes
- High School Grad/GED: Yes
- Valid WASHINGTON State Driver's License: Yes
- Ability to Read/Speak English: Yes
- Vision: 20/20 corrected better eye; 20/30 corrected worse eye
- Must pass State CJTC physical agility test.
- Must pass polygraph screening.
- Must pass psychological screening.
- Must pass background screening.