Lateral Police Officer
Tukwila Police Department - Tukwila, Washington
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $5,428.00 monthly
- $6,005.00 monthly
- Top Pay:
- $7.11 monthly
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage.
- Life and Disability Insurance.
- LEOFF Retirement System.
- Paid Holiday, Medical Leave and Vacation.
- Master Police Officer Incentive Plan.
- Deferred Compensation Plans.
- Department Provided Uniforms and Equipment.
- Flexible Spending Account - Section 125 Plan.
- Population Size: 20,000 residents, with a daytime pop. of approx. 200,000 people
- County: King
- Age: : 21
- Education: : Highschool Grad/ GED
- Experience: : Must have been employed as a commissioned officer on a full-time basis for a period of time exceeding 18 of the last 36 months at time of application and appointment.
- High school diploma or equivalent and completion of a recognized police training academy or equivalent courses necessary to allow certification with the Washington State Training Commission; AND
- A minimum of 18 months current full-time job experience as a salaried commissioned police officer with a certified municipal, country, state or federal law enforcement entity within three years of date of application submitted.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of employment;
- Must have been employed as a commissioned officer on a full-time basis for a period of time exceeding 18 of the last 36 months at time of application and appointment. Out of state applicants must have the necessary training and experience to become certified with the Washington State Law Enforcement Training Commission;
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, by the time of hire, a valid Washington State driver’s license without a record of suspension or revocation in any state;
- Must be able to pass a medical examination and the Department’s physical fitness assessment;
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America who can read and write the English language.
- formal application
- review of education and experience
- physical agility test
- written examination
- oral examination Civil Service Commission or its designee
- background investigation
- official officer
- medical examination and psychological examination.
• Ability to accurately shoot department firearms
• Ability to walk, run, stoop and bend
• Ability to perform work requiring good physical condition
• Must be able to pass Physical Agility Test