Riley County Police Department - Manhattan, Kansas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $2,971.00 monthly
General Description: Under general supervision, carries out assignments designed to reduce crime and improve the quality of life for citizens. Provides police services to the community with an emphasis on preventing crime and solving problems. Work varies according to shift assignment. Personal conduct (on-duty as well as off-duty) must be such that it does not bring disrepute or unnecessarily endanger the public’s trust or confidence in the agency or its members. Typical Duties:
- Responds to citizen calls for service, investigates crimes, interviews victims and suspects, and collects evidence from crime scenes.
- Operates motor vehicle for the prevention of crime and enforcement of traffic laws and regulations, state statutes, and city and county ordinances.
- Testify in criminal and civil proceedings, helps members of the public in times of need.
- Prepares reports, issues citations, may serve warrants and civil papers.
- Apprehend and take into custody cooperative as well as uncooperative persons for the purpose of bringing them before a court of law.
Contact Human Resources for a copy of the full job description. Apply on-line at www.rileycountypolice.org. Closing date: October 30, 2013.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : High School/GED
- Experience: : Entry Level - Lateral Hires
- US Citizen.
- Must be 21 years of age at the time of hire.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Kansas Drivers License.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment requirements to include, but not limited to, physical agility test, drug test, CVSA, and extensive background check.
- Must be free of achromatopsia color blindness.
- No felony convictions or expunged conviction and, on and after 1 July 1995, has not been placed upon diversion by any state or the federal government for a felony offense or misdemeanor crime of domestic violence or its equivalent under the uniform code of military justice. (KSA’s 74-5605 and 74-5616).
- Must meet residency requirements in accordance with department policy.
- Ability to type 16 wpm on standard computer keyboard.