#13-1710 Police Officer (DOE)
Gila River Indian Community - Sacaton, Arizona
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $23.18 hourly
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: The Police Officer is responsible for enforcing Federal, State and Tribal laws and ordinance and the prevention of crime and protection of life and property. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Maintain continual law enforcement and prevention services twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week. This includes police services in and around Federal facilities occupied and operated by the Bureau of Indian Affairs personnel located on the Gila River Indian reservation, such as school buildings, offices, residences, warehouses and in general all federal facilities and property.
- Enforcement of all Tribal, State and Federal criminal and traffic laws (such as United States Codes or 25 CFR as applicable, including all tribal ordinances); enforcement of applicable game and fish laws and ordinances.
- Protection of all private, public and government property on the reservation.
- Implementation of programs to prevent crime and delinquency.
- Patrol services on/off roadways throughout all seven (7) districts within the boundaries of the Gila River Indian reservation.
- Serve all warrants and other court processes immediately, as directed by Tribal, State, and Federal courts; write case reports, prepare cases and testify in court.
- Cooperate with Federal, State and local jurisdictions in the apprehension and detention of wanted persons with other agencies where law enforcement activities are involved.
- May attend civic club meetings, churches, schools and other places of public gatherings to explain the activities and functions of the Gila River Indian Community Police Department to engender positive community relations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Federal and State statutes, codes and ordinances to be enforced.
- Knowledge of equipment used in law enforcement, including weapons, and on board vehicle terminals.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex statutes, ordinances, regulations and standards.
- Ability to analyze problems quickly and take appropriate and effective action.
- Ability to handle sensitive and hostile public contacts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, Community Officials and the general public.
- Ability to perform all physical requirements of the position; agree to maintain a Drug-free workplace.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : High School diploma or GED.
- Experience: : High School diploma or GED
$23.18 Hourly (DOE)Depending on Experience Min: $48,214 Must complete 'Statement of Personal History and Application for Certification' form on the AZ POST website and submit with application. BENEFITS INFORMATION:
Other Voluntary Benefits
- Medical – EPO or PPO Self-Funded Plan utilizing Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Network
- Prescription Program
- Dental – Plan is provided through CIGNA with no deductible for preventive services or $50 (individual)/$150 (family) deductible for basic and major services
- Vision – plan benefits are provided through SightCare of Arizona and carry a $10 co-pay for exams, zero co-pay
- Life and AD&D – Basic, dependent, and/or voluntary benefits provided through CIGNA Group Insurance. GRIC pays the full cost for your basic Life and AD&D
DEADLINE: Employment Applications are available at all District Service Centers, the Human Resources Department, and online at www.gilariver.org. All Employment Applications and copies of required documents, i.e., Transcripts, Certificates, diploma and Motor Vehicle Record, must be received in the Human Resources Department by 5:00 pm on the closing date. Late Applications or documents will not be considered. To avoid delays, application can be mailed or faxed to: Gila River Indian Community Human Resources Department Post Office Box 97 Sacaton, Arizona 85147 Fax: (520) 562-9809 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aflac offers various supplemental benefit plans
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave