Special Agent - K9
Union Pacific - Nogales, Arizona
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $70,200.00 annual
Description Responsible for employee and public safety; protection of facilities, real estate and assets; and the protection of our customer's lading through police activities, security services, and crime prevention and safety initiatives.This position is a canine specialty position. UP.jobs
Accountabilities Incumbents must demonstrate and maintain proficiency in Canine obedience control and Controlling canine during an arrest situation.
This is a physically demanding job. The successful candidate will be required, among other things, to walk or run long distances over uneven terrain in the rail yard; and to climb on to and off of equipment. The successful candidate will also be required to take and pass the annual physical and firearms tests for U.P. Special Agents. To respond to patrol and police activities the ideal candidate will reside within 50 miles of the assigned office location. UP.jobs
- The detection, apprehension, handling and disposition of trespassers, many of who are in dangerous or life-threatening situations.
- Incumbents assume full responsibility 24 by 7 for the care and maintenance of their canine and may be called upon to participate in canine demonstrations to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for all police activities including patrol; criminal investigation; executive, cargo, and asset protection; grade crossing traffic enforcement; facility and Homeland security; and emergency response preparedness.
- Share inter-department responsibility for employee and public safety; crossing accident and third party personal injury investigation; freight claim resolution; civil investigation; hazardous material release and related environmental issues.
- Work with other special agents or independently with primary responsibility for an assigned geographical territory to: Conduct investigations of illegal activity or follow-up investigations of criminal cases.
- Write comprehensive and detailed reports that accurately articulate the findings in accordance with department guidelines and government legal standards.
- Interview victims, witnesses and suspects to develop the facts of the case and write criminal complaint and warrant documents in compliance with state and federal laws.
- Collect, preserve and interpret physical evidence and identify and recover stolen property.
- Prepare criminal cases for prosecution, work directly with prosecutors, attorneys and court officials, and personally testify for the Company in court.
- Investigate all matters related to employee criminal misconduct.
- Participate in crime reduction enforcement operations to ensure customer''s lading moves intact without unnecessary delay from origin to destination.
- Ensure that highly sensitive Government shipments requiring special handling are protected or inspected according to federal rules and regulations.
- Investigate fully (interview, photograph, measure & diagram) all vehicle accidents, employee and third party injuries in the absence of a Claims Agent or a Sr Spec Agent - Accident Specialist.
- Promote public safety through grade crossing traffic enforcement operations (UPCARE) and the investigation of unsafe motorist incidents.
- Implement the Union Pacific''s Homeland Security "security" plan counter measures as threat levels change.
- Participate in "red team" audits on critical targets to test vulnerabilities and validate effectiveness of security measures.
- Participate in the Executive protection of the Board of Directors, Corporate Officers and Senior Railroad management, family and their guests.
- Age: : 21 and over
Qualifications Required Graduated from an accredited Police academy, and presently meets certification requirements to be commissioned in the work location state Graduated from an accredited Police academy, and presently meets certification requirements to be commissioned in the work location state. Preferred A Bachelor Degree in criminal justice, police science, public administration or related field from an accredited college or university. 3 year(s) experience in law enforcement as a public law enforcement or Military Police professional. Do you have Proficient spoken and written foreign language skills in Spanish. Do you have Advanced Microsoft Suite skills specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience creating and delivering presentations and technical writing skills that clearly and concisely communicate programs, services and ideas to a diverse audience.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!