Western Shoshone DPS - Elko, Nevada
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $19.00 hourly
The Western Shoshone Public Safety Board is recruiting for Police Officers, for the Law Enforcement Department, located in Elko, Nevada. We have positions open in our Elko office and in our Battle Mountain office. Requires knowledge of Law Enforcement. Must be 21 to apply. Must have (or will acquire within one year) police certification with Nevada State P.O.S.T.
A patrolman assigned to the Operations Division shall be responsible for the efficient performance of all duties in conformance with the rules, regulations, policies, procedures and orders contained in all manuals issued by the Department.
His/her mission shall consist of but is not necessarily limited to, the following general police responsibilities:
- Identify criminal offenders and criminal activity and where appropriate, apprehend offenders and participate in subsequent court proceedings.
- Reduce the opportunities for the commission of crime through preventive and directed patrols and crime prevention measures.
- Aid individuals who are in danger of physical harm.
- Protect constitutional guarantees.
- Facilitate the movement of people and activities.
- Assist those who cannot care for themselves.
- Resolve conflict.
- Identify problems that are potentially serious law enforcement or governmental problems.
- Create and maintain a feeling of security in the community.
- Promote and preserve civil order.
- Provide other services on an emergency basis.
- He/she shall be assigned to perform specific duties and responsibilities as required by the Chief of Police or his/her designee.
- Enforcement of all Tribal, State and Federal criminal and traffic laws (such as United States Codes or 25 CFR as applicable, including all tribal ordinances); enforcement of applicable game and fish laws and ordinances.
Follow link for job application:http://www.westernshoshonedps.org/job-announcements.html
To avoid delays, application can be mailed to:
Chief L. Robb
1509 Shoshone Circle
Elko, NV 89801
- Age: 21 years of age
- Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Experience: None
Knowledge of Federal and State statutes, codes and ordinances to be enforced.
- U. S. Citizen
- Never convicted of a felony
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Possession of/or ability to obtain and maintain a Nevada Drivers License
- Knowledge of equipment used in law enforcement, including weapons, and on board vehicle terminals.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex statutes, ordinances, regulations and standards.
- Ability to analyze problems quickly and take appropriate and effective action.
- Ability to handle sensitive and hostile public contacts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, Community Officials and the general public.
- Ability to perform all physical requirements of the position; agree to maintain a Drug-free workplace.