City of Pickerington, Division of Police - Pickerington, Ohio
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $47,049.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $68,702.00 annual
The City of Pickerington, Division of Police 100 Lockville Road
Pickerington, Ohio 43147
The City of Pickerington is building an eligibility list for potential vacancies in early 2014. To be considered on this eligibility list all testing through National Testing Network must be completed by November 8, 2013.
Physical abilities testing will not be offered through Columbus State Community College. Physical abilities testing will be administered by the Pickerington Police Department by invitation to the top 20 scorers.
Department Information :
The Pickerington Police motto is to 'Serve and Protect'. Personnel pride themselves on the personal touch service offered to the community. The department believes in its philosophies of grass roots policing and strive to be proactive rather than reactive. It is for this, and other reasons, that the community continues to strongly support its police department. Continuous advanced-level training opportunities are provided to maximize community policing resources.
City Information :
Pickerington is the second-fastest growing community in Central Ohio. The City of 18,291 is strategically located near all of the amenities a major metropolitan area has to offer. Pickerington is just minutes away from vibrant Downtown Columbus, the Ohio State campus, Port Columbus International Airport, major sports complexes and premier shopping and entertainment districts like Easton Town Center. Pickerington offers a family friendly Midwestern atmosphere along with access to a superior public educational system, including a satellite campus of Ohio University. Local sports and recreation activities abound with several local festivals providing music and entertainment the entire family will enjoy.
Salary Information : $47,049 to $68,702
Benefits Information: Paid Holidays, Personal/Floater Days, Sick Leave Accrual, Vacation Accrual, Sick Leave Bonus, Shift Differential, Call-in Pay, Longevity, Job-related Tuition Reimbursement, Uniforms and Dry-cleaning, Heath and Rx Insurance, Contribution to Employee HSA, Medical Opt-out Bonus, Dental, Vision, Life, Supplemental Insurance, Deferred Compensation.
Applicant Contact Person:
Human Resources Director
To apply and sign up for pre-employment testing, go to http://www.nationaltestingnetwork.com and click on LAW ENFORCEMENT JOBS. Select the department and read over all the requirements and if qualified, select a testing location and a time and date for testing on the website calendar. For questions concerning the testing process, please contact NTN Support by clicking on the Support link on the main page of the website.
- Age: TBA
- Education: High School Grad/GED
- Experience: Entry
High School Grad/GED:Yes
Valid OHIO State Driver's License:Yes
Ability to Read/Speak English:Yes Vision: Corrected to 20/20, no color-blindedness
Academy Certification: Yes
Certified Ohio Peace Officer
Schooling Prior and Post Hiring:
High School Diploma or G.E.D, O.P.O.T.A. Certification
Health and Physical Fitness Requirements:
The City of Pickerington recognizes that the health and safety of its Police personnel is paramount to the success of the organization. By collective bargaining agreement, the Division of Police administers annual physical fitness program testing. Physician examinations are provided by the department and members participate in: body composition evaluation, agility and endurance, strength and flexibility testing.
Physical Ability Testing:
Physical abilities testing will be administered by the Pickerington Police Department. Candidates must meet department standards for physical fitness, strength, flexibility, and endurance.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the City of Pickerington and surrounding areas; police department policies/procedures, city organizations and functions; FCC rules and regulations, and police/fire terminology.
- Ability to recognize unusual and/or threatening situations and react accordingly.
- Skill in radio operations and related equipment: Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD); telephone; two way radio; CAD; L.E.A.D.S.; copy machine; fax machine; recorders; VCRs; Cellular phones and radios.
Required Education and Experience:
Any combination of training and/or work experience that establishes the possession of listed skills, knowledge and abilities above. An example of acceptable qualifications for this position are:
- Completion of secondary education or equivalent
- Ability to appropriately respond to an emergency situations
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work; carry-out written, oral or scheduled instruction
- Define specific problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions from information
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form, type/keyboard 30 words per minute
- Assist and respond courteously and professionally to the public and co-workers
- Must demonstrate excellent hearing and diction
- Ability to multitask with multiple calls and radio traffic
- Obtain required certifications within established time period.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!