Police Officer Testing
Geneseo Police Department - Geneseo, Illinois
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $20.47 hourly
The City of Geneseo Board of Police Commissioners will conduct new recruit and lateral entry examinations for the purpose of maintaining Police Officer eligibility lists as required by Illinois State Statute. New recruit testing date is December 7, 2013.
Application packets may be obtained by contacting: Geneseo Police Department119 S Oakwood AveGeneseo IL 61254Phone: 309-944-5141Email: email@example.comWebsite: www.geneseo-il.us.Completed forms must be received by 4:00 p.m. Nov 15, 2013. All qualified applicants will be notified in writing of the place and time of exams by the board. All applicants are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Police Commissioners.
- Age: : New Recruit - between 21 and 35 years
- Education: : High School Graduate or equivalent
- Experience: : Lateral - 2 years previous, continuous service
- Must be citizen of the United States.
- Must pass Physical Aptitude, Written, Oral, Psychological, Polygraph, Medical Exams, and Background check.
- Must reside no more than 15 miles from City Hall after the 1-year probation person.
- Certification from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board as a certified full time police officer
- and previous continuous service as a police officer in the State of Illinois for a minimum of 2 years
- and in good standing in the police department in which the person currently serves or separated from with no adverse employment action
- and eligible to be granted a waiver of basic training from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
- Must pass oral examination, psychological, polygraph, medical and background checks.
- Must reside no more than 15 miles from City Hall after the 1-year probation.