McKinney Police Department - McKinney, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $49,890.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $52,516.00 annual
- $56,824.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $69,749.00 annual
Applicant Test: January 18th 2014 Apply Now at www.mckinneypolice.org Duties include an element of personal danger, i.e., exposure to life-threatening circumstances, apprehending criminals, and transporting prisoners. Incumbents perform duties in accordance with State Statutes and established departmental policies, procedures and guidelines. Incumbent must be able to act without close supervision and must be able to exercise independent judgment. Requirements: High school diploma or GED AND one of the following three requirements:
Applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Thirty (30) hours of college education from an accredited university or college with a 2.0 or higher overall grade point average (GPA)
- Two (2) years experience of active U.S. military service with an Honorable Discharge
- Two (2) years of full-time law enforcement service in the United States.
**Please review our website for all requirements and disqualifications and the full job posting. For more information or to apply for the position please visit our website at www.mckinneypolice.org
- Possess a Basic Peace Officer Certification from the Texas Commission of Law Enforcement (TCOLE) OR have the ability to obtain within six (6) months of employment.
- Possess a valid Texas Class “C” driver’s license.
- Be a U.S. Citizen at time of application.
- Be 21 years of age at time of entrance exam.
- Be able to work various shifts including nights, holidays and weekends.
- Pass a physical examination and drug screen.
- Physical exam includes a vision and hearing test. Applicants must pass the hearing test and vision must be correctable to 20/20 with normal color vision.
- 12hour work schedule
- 5 year Vesting
- 20 Year Retirement
- Employer Match 2:1 Upon Retirement
- Group Medical
- Group Dental
- Life Insurance
- Longevity Pay
- Certification Pay
- Paid Equipment and Training
- Age: : 21+
- Education: : 30hrs if no military or law enforcement
- Experience: : None needed
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!