Lateral Entry Deputy Sheriff
Snohomish County Sheriff's Office - Everett, Washington
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $5,377.00 monthly
- Top Pay:
- $5,787.00 monthly
SNOHOMISH COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE 3000 ROCKEFELLER, MS 606 EVERETT, WASHINGTON 98201 sheriff.snoco.org Updated: October 23, 2013 Job Classification: Lateral Entry Deputy Sheriff The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office is building an ongoing eligibility list for Lateral Entry Deputy Sheriff. Candidates must also fill out the County application at agency.governmentjobs.com/snohomish/default.cfm. Salary Information: Current rate is $5,377.56 - $5,787.00 Lateral Deputy Sheriffs start at Step 3 of the pay scale. Benefit Information:
Contact Information: Sergeant Steve McDonald email@example.com Department Overview: Snohomish County is located on Puget Sound, between Skagit County to the north and King County (and Seattle) to the south. Covering 2,090 square miles, it is the 13th largest county in total land area in Washington. Snohomish County's varied topography ranges from saltwater beaches, rolling hills and rich river bottom farmlands in the west to dense forest and alpine wilderness in the mountainous east. Glacier Peak, at 10,541 feet, is the highest point in Snohomish County and one of the highest in Washington State. Sixty-eight percent of the county land area is forest land, 18% is rural, 9% is urban/city and 5% is agricultural. The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office is a full service law enforcement agency providing law enforcement, jail services, court security, and civil processing services to all areas of unincorporated Snohomish County and to the contract cities of Stanwood, Gold Bar, Darrington, Snohomish, Sultan, and Index. Population: 733,036 (2012 estimate)
- Choice of two medical insurance plans
- Fully paid dental, vision and basic life insurance for you and all of your dependents
- Take home vehicle upon completion of the field training program
- All uniforms and equipment provided
- LEOFF 2 retirement
- Optional deferred compensation program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program and flexible spending account
- Access to Snocope Credit Union
- Direct payroll deposit option to various financial institutions
- Long term disability insurance through the Deputy Sheriff Association
- Paid vacation and sick leave
To apply and sign up for pre-employment testing, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com and click on LAW ENFORCEMENT JOBS. Select the department and read over all the department information and if qualified, select a testing location and a time and date for testing on the website calendar. The department requires the candidate PHQ. This questionnaire can be accessed through your candidate account. NTN suggests completing the PHQ as soon as possible or you may not be considered further in the process. For questions concerning the testing process, contact NTN Support at 866-563-3882 or at 425-423-9922.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : High School Grad/GED
- Experience: : Fully employed 12 of the past 24 months as a fully commissioned full-time law enforcement officer
Age: Must be 21 at the time of hire and at least 20.5 at the time of application US Citizen: Yes High School Grad/GED: Yes Valid WASHINGTON State Driver's License: Yes Ability to Read/Speak English: Yes Necessary Certifications: Must have been employed as a full time, fully commissioned law enforcement officer in a civilian law enforcement agency for at least 12 of the past 24 months. Must provide documented successful completion of a state basic law enforcement academy. Completion of the Equivalency Academy is required within one year from date of hire if the applicant is not already certified in the State of Washington. Experience as a Tribal Officer will be considered provided all of the above requirements are met. Selection Process:
- All interested applicants must complete an application, personal history questionnaire and successfully pass the written tests administered by NTN
- Applicants must also submit an on-line Civil Service application and supplemental questionnaire through Snohomish County's NEOGOV site. Snohomish County Job Opportunities
- Applicant must achieve a passing score of at least 70% on the video and reading sections of the written exam. Applicant must pass the report writing section.
- Qualified individuals will be placed on an eligibility list in rank order based on the test scores from the NTN process.
- Veterans' scoring criteria will be granted in accordance with RCW 41.04.
- Applicants eligibility on the Civil Service eligibility list will be valid for one (1) year.
- Candidates on the eligibility list will be certified to the Sheriff to begin the pre-employment portion of the process.
- Candidates will receive an email from Civil Service with their score and rank on the Civil Service eligibility list.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!