Melbourne Police Department - Melbourne, Florida
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $17.95 hourly
- $18.27 hourly
- Top Pay:
- $27.34 hourly
POLICE OFFICER CLOSING DATE: NOVEMBER 1, 2013 DIVISION: POLICE OPERATIONS RATE OF PAY: $17.95 TO $18.27/HR REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 19 years of age and a United States citizen.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma required.
- Associates degree or 60 college credit hours from an accredited college is preferred.
- Certification and prior experience as a Florida Police Officer is preferred.
- If not currently certified as a Florida Police Officer, applicant must be currently enrolled in a Florida CJSTC Basic Law Enforcement recruit course at a State certified training academy or in possession of a Letter of Acceptance to attend the next scheduled recruit course or accepted to the next Florida Equivalency of Training course.
- Possession of a valid Florida State Driver’s license or a valid out of state license and obtaining a Florida State Driver’s license within 10 days of employment is required.
- If applicant has served in the military, an honorable discharge is required.
- Applicant must have good moral character as determined by a background investigation, have processed fingerprints on file with either the Melbourne Police Department or the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, execute and submit an affidavit of applicant, complete commission approved basic recruit training to include a physical agility assessment and achieve an acceptable score on the Officer Certification exam.
- Must comply with continuing training and education requirements. Candidates must pass FrontLine testing consisting of Situational Judgment and Human Relations, Written Report Writing, and Reading Video-Based Tests.
- Candidates must pass a Physical Abilities Test. Candidates are responsible for paying a FrontLine testing fee of $30.
- Information concerning payment options will be provided to candidates when the test is scheduled.
- Age: : 19
- Education: : High School Diploma
- Experience: : N/A
Must have either registered to attend or attending a Florida certified police academy. For those coming from out of state, there is a one week cross over police academy you must attend to become Florida certified.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!