Garland Police Department - Garland, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $49,350.00 annual
- Pro-active enforcement of all applicable criminal and traffic laws, including the issuance of citations.
- Respond to calls for service from citizens.
- Maintain high-visibility patrols.
- Education of public and citizen contacts.
- Prepare and complete all necessary reports and supplements.
- Attend state mandated and supplemental training each year.
- Testify in court concerning collection of evidence.
- Preserve and enhance the quality of life for the citizens of Garland, Texas, by following the City's guiding principles.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
In accordance with the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) minimum requirements:
Must meet at least one of the following minimum requirements:
- Must be United States of America citizen at the time of application
- At least age 18 and not over the age of 44 at the time of exam, and not over age 44 at time of hire
- Must have either a High School Diploma or GED
**Education, prior police, or military experience requirements must be met prior to academy start date. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 60 hours of college credit or an associate’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a minimum of a 2.0 GPA, or
- 2 years active United States of America military service with a Honorable discharge, or
- 2 years experience as full-time paid peace officer
- Communicate in the English language
- Must be able to pass all steps in the Garland Police Department hiring process: Written Civil Service exam, physical agility test, detailed personal history statement, thorough background investigation, polygraph examination, oral interview board, psychological examination, medical examination, drug screen, administrative review by the Chief of Police.
- Age: : 18-45
- Education: : high school dipolma or G.E.D
- Experience: : None required