ADMINISTRATIVE INFORMATION MANAGER
City of Omaha - Omaha, Nebraska
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $64,553.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $79,511.00 annual
NATURE OF WORK: This is managerial work in the Records Unit, Data Review Unit, and the Telephone Report Squad at Omaha Police Headquarters. The work involves managing the operations of those three entities, hiring, training, scheduling, supervising, and evaluating the work of a number of subordinates, and, when needed, imparting disciplinary measures. The work also involves establishing policy, ensuring that state statutes regarding the dissemination of information are adhered to, that reports are turned in as required and that they contain stipulated data, that the data is recorded, and that it is properly safeguarded. The incumbent in this position exercises considerable independence in the performance of the assigned duties and responsibilities and receives general guidance from a superior. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
SEE CLASSIFICATION FOR A COMPLETE LISTING.
- Knowledge of the principles and applications of office management, including modern office procedures, clerical techniques, and the uses of office equipment.
- Knowledge of records management systems.
- Knowledge of departmental policies, procedures, and functions.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local statutes and ordinances concerning the receipt, processing, maintenance, storage, and dissemination of police records.
- Knowledge of office book and record keeping and report compilation methods.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and management.
- Ability to interview, hire, plan, supervise, and evaluate the work of a number of subordinate staff. Ability to prepare clear and concise oral and written reports.
- Ability to plan, develop, explain, and install new procedures and alter them to meet the department’s needs.
- Ability to manage a work unit engaged in computerized records management.
- Ability to conduct research into federal, state, and local laws and ordinances, determine dissemination levels of information gathered, and to evaluate the effects of new and pending legislation on the operation of the assigned units.
- Age: : 18
- Education: See Additional Requirements
- Experience: See Additional Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Criminal Justice or a related field AND Five years (5) of supervisory experience, two (2) years of which must have been in computerized records management OR Associates degree in Business.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!