Police Officer Lateral or Basic
Anchorage Police Department - Anchorage, Alaska
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $24.73 hourly
- $30.89 hourly
The Anchorage Police Department (APD) is now accepting applications for the position of Police Officer on a continuous basis. We are currently hiring for a Lateral and Basic academy for Spring 2014. Qualified applicants will be invited to participate in a rigorous testing and interview process, including (but not limited to) the National Criminal Justice Officer Selection Inventory Test (NCJOISI2), a physical ability test, a polygraph exam, psychological assessment, and a thorough background check. For complete information about the Anchorage Police Department’s Patrol Officer testing and hiring process, you can visit www.joinapd.org. If you are currently a certified police officer with another department and are interested in attending a lateral academy, please call us at 907-786-8811. You may also email the APD Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
If you are currently a certified police officer with another department and interested in attending a lateral academy, please call us at 907-786-8811. We can possibly arrange testing for you in your home state.
- Age: : At least 21 years old
- Education: : High School Diploma
- Experience: : None Required
- Must be a US citizen of the USA or resident alien eligible for employment in the USA
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years old by date of hire
- Must possess a valid State of Alaska Driver's License by time of hire
- Must meet Alaska Police Standards Council (APSC) and the Anchorage Police Department (APD) standards regarding misdemeanor and felony convictions, traffic violations, and use of controlled substances.