Police Officer Lateral or Basic
Anchorage Police Department - Anchorage, Alaska
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $24.73 hourly
- $30.89 hourly
The Anchorage Police Department (APD) is now accepting applications for the position of Police Officer on a continuous basis. We are currently hiring for a Lateral and Basic academy for Spring 2014. Qualified applicants will be invited to participate in a rigorous testing and interview process, including (but not limited to) the National Criminal Justice Officer Selection Inventory Test (NCJOISI2), a physical ability test, a polygraph exam, psychological assessment, and a thorough background check. For complete information about the Anchorage Police Department’s Patrol Officer testing and hiring process, you can visit www.joinapd.org. If you are currently a certified police officer with another department and are interested in attending a lateral academy, please call us at 907-786-8811. You may also email the APD Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
If you are currently a certified police officer with another department and interested in attending a lateral academy, please call us at 907-786-8811. We can possibly arrange testing for you in your home state.
- Age: : At least 21 years old
- Education: : High School Diploma
- Experience: : None Required
- Must be a US citizen of the USA or resident alien eligible for employment in the USA
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years old by date of hire
- Must possess a valid State of Alaska Driver's License by time of hire
- Must meet Alaska Police Standards Council (APSC) and the Anchorage Police Department (APD) standards regarding misdemeanor and felony convictions, traffic violations, and use of controlled substances.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!